s175 RPM surge after parked with the nose pointed down small hill after two weeks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

thesailored

s175 RPM surge after parked with nose pointed down small hill after two weeks. Started, ran for 30 seconds, moved 10 feet forward (down small hill) and turned right. Controls felt like low hydrolic fluid upon turning 90 degree's to right. I stopped moving the Bobcat and then RPM's spiked to ~3000 RPM. Remembering horror stories of oil spilling into turbo and blowing, I turned the key off but the engine kept going. Enging stayed on for about 10 seconds and shut off. Hydraulic fluid came bubbling out of air intake and some cam out from above engine on right side too (most from air intake on left). I've not tried to restart.

OP
OP
thesailored

thesailored

I'm pretty sure it was hydraulic fluid. It was definitely not oil

Attachments

• a175 bobcat leaking hydraulic fluid out of air intake after spiking to 3000+ RPM.mp4
    1.5 MB

brdgbldr

Looks like you may have blown a hose to your oil cooler. There is a hose next to the actual air intake hose ( thats the hose that goes into the top of the air filter housing )and it looks like it sucked in that hydraulic oil with the air. Not sure if this would have done damage to the engine and or turbo. It was basically running on hydraulic oil That's why it kept running. You will definitely have to fix the hose and change out both of your air filters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thesailored

thesailored

Looks like you may have blown a hose to your oil cooler. There is a hose next to the actual air intake hose ( thats the hose that goes into the top of the air filter housing )and it looks like it sucked in that hydraulic oil with the air. Not sure if this would have done damage to the engine and or turbo. It was basically running on hydraulic oil That's why it kept running. You will definitely have to fix the hose and change out both of your air filters.
Thank you! I am hopeful nothing got destroyed. I'm thinking the same...hydro fluid went into turbo and spun up. It sounded like it maxed around 3000 RPM before it finally stopped running. I won't be able to work on it for several months and it is parked in a field. Do you think leaving it for several months is OK or do I need to get it fixed sooner? Thanks a bunch!

brdgbldr

It won't be any worse then if you were to leave it in the field in perfect condition.
My biggest concern would be rodents nesting in it and chewing on wires.