Takeuchi good or bad

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TCL

I'm looking to buy a Track loader. I've rented a bobcat T-250 and that is the size I need. Priced bobcat, Cat, New Holland. Need Help. Everyone has a Bobcat but does that make them the best. Need help on what is the best most reliable.

sar4937

Well since no one else has commented heres my two cents. This forum used to be named the B**cat Forum so it should come as no surprise that most of us have them. I think you will find that some of us have the other brands as well. The best brand is the one that has the best support in your area. I find that Bobcat bends over backwards to keep me happy, and since they don't offer $200k-$400k price range equipment, my business is important to them. Now Takeuchi is involved with Mustang and others, but the dealer where I'm at sells Terex and all sorts of other construction equipment as well. My bobcat dealer is only working on Bobcats and Kubota tractors. Also the parts dept. is very easy to deal with, and the dealer rents attachments. I almost bought a Cat that needed some work, and the dealer barely wanted to sell me the parts. It was because they make their living selling the pricey parts to the big equipment where a hub can cost as much as a skidsteer does. I hope this helps. I might also add that I like the serviceability and ergonomics of the Bobcat.

Fishfiles

I would have to agree that Bobcat is the best skidsteer or track loader , I judge my choice on experience and the dealers parts and service as we are lucky to have probally the number one Bobcat dealership in the country with Duhon Machinery in St Rose La , the guys there are very helpful and they have a great part inventory and if they don't have the part they can get anything 95% of the time the next day if needed and if it doesn't weigh a ton they will bring it in on their daily shipment for you --------try doing that with a Cat , New Holland , Takeuchi or Case around here and you are going to have down time and a lot of next day fees ---- if I had to pick a second place track loader it would be the Takeuchi , the parts are expensive but they seldom break down , as far as I know they were the pioneer of the track loader and have been building them for many moons , very nice machines , their excavators are well built and to tell the truth I think they are a little bit better than comparable Bobcats as they are a bit heavier and have alittle more ump for comparable sizes

start2finish

I would have to agree that Bobcat is the best skidsteer or track loader , I judge my choice on experience and the dealers parts and service as we are lucky to have probally the number one Bobcat dealership in the country with Duhon Machinery in St Rose La , the guys there are very helpful and they have a great part inventory and if they don't have the part they can get anything 95% of the time the next day if needed and if it doesn't weigh a ton they will bring it in on their daily shipment for you --------try doing that with a Cat , New Holland , Takeuchi or Case around here and you are going to have down time and a lot of next day fees ---- if I had to pick a second place track loader it would be the Takeuchi , the parts are expensive but they seldom break down , as far as I know they were the pioneer of the track loader and have been building them for many moons , very nice machines , their excavators are well built and to tell the truth I think they are a little bit better than comparable Bobcats as they are a bit heavier and have alittle more ump for comparable sizes
I am not sure why bobcat insists on comparing the t250 to the tl150. they are not really the same. I compared the t-300 and the tl150. yes the tl150 is a radius lift machine like the 250 and the ROC is lower than the t300, but the lift height and reach at height on the tl150 is close to the t300. 2 inches lower I believe and the reach is a couple of inches farther out. as for pushing power the tl150 will outpush the t300. we scheduled a demo with both machines before purchasing the takeuchi, and it pushed the t300 backwards. literally, we removed the buckets from the machines and on flat ground the tl150 had its way with the bobcat. as for the other reasons for purchasing the tl150, I liked the bigger cab and the overall simplicity of the takeuchi. if you are running alot of complicated attachments the bobcat has an edge due to the attachment control system. bobcat has a nicer cab, it is quieter and better sealed. We liked the door on the tak better because you could open it anytime and even run the machine while it is open. the last factor was price, the tl150 was a little cheaper and our last machine was a bobcat and the dealer was troublesome at times, but what dealer is perfect right? the undercarriage parts were cheaper on the tl150 as well. we have owned the tl150 for several months now and are pleased with it. we actually love it.

Rubbertrax2

I am here to remedy the expensive parts for Takeuchi undercarriage. Where track loaders are concerned, we carry the entire undercarriage for Takeuchi machines (TL130, TL140, and the TL150). These are the same as the Gehl CTL60/CTL70/CTL80 as well as the same for Mustang MTL15/MTL20/MTL25. We can save you up to 40% off OEM list price for these parts. We have all these parts in stock and can have them to you quickly to get you back up and running. Please call for pricing.

Farmall

I am here to remedy the expensive parts for Takeuchi undercarriage. Where track loaders are concerned, we carry the entire undercarriage for Takeuchi machines (TL130, TL140, and the TL150). These are the same as the Gehl CTL60/CTL70/CTL80 as well as the same for Mustang MTL15/MTL20/MTL25. We can save you up to 40% off OEM list price for these parts. We have all these parts in stock and can have them to you quickly to get you back up and running. Please call for pricing.
Takeuchi: great engine, strong chassis, lousy inaccurate control system, lousy visibility. Slow loading cycles. If you work in the open, on the flat, with no people around you and operational accuracy or speed isn't important, the Tak is fine. Put you around people, in tight spaces, next to a cliff, on steep grades with fragile loads and you wish you were driving something else. The Tak has more power, but you can't use it, so it just means higher fuel consumption. Bobcat: Better visibility where it counts than the Tak (though vis has diminished over time, no matter what the brochure says); poor operational accuracy and slow cycles (a little better than Tak) with joysticks. Very good accuracy and probably the best cycle times with conventional sticks.

bobcat_ron

If you don't know Bobcat sold out to Koreans. This might not effect anything who knows, just my 2 cents.
I am an ex- Bobcat fan, maybe even anti-Bobcat. Why? Looking at what the "others" have done to their CTL's in the past 2 years as far as general looks and performance, Bobcat wouldn't even do that in 10 years.
I bought a Cat 247 earlier this month and I am just so happy with it, Cat made so many positive changes to everything that people hated about them, now their SSL/CTL's are really getting noticed.
One thing that really got me p*ssed off with Bobcat was their lower loader arms where the quick attach meets the loader, they still use that god awful tapered pin set up, which, always seems to get sloppy every 100 hrs and the arms themselves are still hollow and weak, I subjected my T190 to 1 month of abuse digging out broken concrete and the loader arm cracked, 2 months later the other side also cracked and cost me over 1500 bucks in repair, I looked at a new 2007 model, and there were no changes to anything, even the cabs are the same, inefficient ventilation and poorly sealed. 10 years ago, Bobcat was the cream of the crop, now they are at the bottom and some people, including myself, feel they are just riding their name into the ground. Cat made so many improvements in the last 2 years to both the medium and large frames skid steers that Bobcat can't keep up and as a result their quality is failing.

If you'd like to see the changes and how Bobcat stacks up against Cat go here:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=207330

I'm not saying that Cat is the best, but Bobcat definitely is not anymore, Takeuchi's are very powerful machines, it takes sometime to get used to their pilot controls, but they will eat a Bobcat alive.

Rubbertrax2

I am an ex- Bobcat fan, maybe even anti-Bobcat. Why? Looking at what the "others" have done to their CTL's in the past 2 years as far as general looks and performance, Bobcat wouldn't even do that in 10 years.
I bought a Cat 247 earlier this month and I am just so happy with it, Cat made so many positive changes to everything that people hated about them, now their SSL/CTL's are really getting noticed.
One thing that really got me p*ssed off with Bobcat was their lower loader arms where the quick attach meets the loader, they still use that god awful tapered pin set up, which, always seems to get sloppy every 100 hrs and the arms themselves are still hollow and weak, I subjected my T190 to 1 month of abuse digging out broken concrete and the loader arm cracked, 2 months later the other side also cracked and cost me over 1500 bucks in repair, I looked at a new 2007 model, and there were no changes to anything, even the cabs are the same, inefficient ventilation and poorly sealed. 10 years ago, Bobcat was the cream of the crop, now they are at the bottom and some people, including myself, feel they are just riding their name into the ground. Cat made so many improvements in the last 2 years to both the medium and large frames skid steers that Bobcat can't keep up and as a result their quality is failing.

I'm not saying that Cat is the best, but Bobcat definitely is not anymore, Takeuchi's are very powerful machines, it takes sometime to get used to their pilot controls, but they will eat a Bobcat alive.
We offer the CAT 247 replacement tracks in the aftermarket variety. These tracks only differ in the tread pattern. They are more aggressive than the OEM. Customers LOVE the tread design. For more info please email me : [email protected]

nilestracing

We offer the CAT 247 replacement tracks in the aftermarket variety. These tracks only differ in the tread pattern. They are more aggressive than the OEM. Customers LOVE the tread design. For more info please email me : [email protected]
all bobcats are junk takeuchi's are wayyyyyyy better ive worked and owend both.. currently own a tl130 mtl16 tl250.. have had 763 t300

bobcat_ron

all bobcats are junk takeuchi's are wayyyyyyy better ive worked and owend both.. currently own a tl130 mtl16 tl250.. have had 763 t300
And I sold my Cat in favour of a used Takeuchi TL130, now it seems that buying the Cat was a BIG mistake, all that power and MASSIVE cab would have been a bonus 2 years ago!

Land-Tech

And I sold my Cat in favour of a used Takeuchi TL130, now it seems that buying the Cat was a BIG mistake, all that power and MASSIVE cab would have been a bonus 2 years ago!
Bob I look forward to your responses and have respect for your opinion but all that trash talk you put us through for two years for every other brand but Cat was all for nothing? Scott

Fishfiles

Bob I look forward to your responses and have respect for your opinion but all that trash talk you put us through for two years for every other brand but Cat was all for nothing? Scott
Land Tech , Bob has repented and finally come to his senses like so many others , the Takeuchi is a fine machine , I think if they would put foot controlls in them they would increase their marketing dramatically in the rental world , at least around here , seems not too many operators like the joystick controll

mnli

I here ya! Run from bobct as fast as u can, have two Bobcats, never agan,... go kubota

Fishfiles

I here ya! Run from bobct as fast as u can, have two Bobcats, never agan,... go kubota
The newer Bobcats are less and less dependable , more and more Dealer only troubleshooting , the TL series tracked loader by Takeuchi is the best buy for your buck

Latest posts