T770 squeaking pins and air intake mods

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mr Versatile

Has anyone else had trouble with the lower pins on the lift arm cylinders of a T770 (T750 would be the same)? I'm greasing them every 2 hours. I think that the tracks flick dirt and dust through the holes by the pin, which sucks the grease out, which makes 'em scream. Grease is cheap, as the saying goes, but its sending me broke. I'm also after info from anyone who has modified the air intake on a 770 to add a pre-cleaner. I work in a dusty environment and I need more protection. The intake setup is well designed, but it doesn't leave much room for changes and my dealership hasn't been any help. And finally, why would you put the aircon intakes directly above the high point of the tracks, where they are exposed to maximum dust? Is it just me, or have Bobcat not thought that one through?

farmshop

Bobcat is not the only ones. Mustang had there vent between the tires. Out t-190 lower pins are a bear for grease also. Grease it every day if not in 3 days they wont take grease.

Tazza

Staff member
Bobcat is not the only ones. Mustang had there vent between the tires. Out t-190 lower pins are a bear for grease also. Grease it every day if not in 3 days they wont take grease.
There is no seal around the pin to hold the grease in place?
Also, if you use a quality moly grease, it may hold in place better?

OP
OP
M

Mr Versatile

There is no seal around the pin to hold the grease in place?
Also, if you use a quality moly grease, it may hold in place better?
No seals on the pins, but I am looking for something that will fit. Also found plates that cover the holes in the "Engine Compartment Enclosure Kit" in the parts manual - ordered. I don't know why they wouldn't be a standard fit on the machine from the factory. I use a high moly grease, and it is better than the lithium based one I used to use, but the dust is the cause of the problem.