Bobcat T770 code E005246--25

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a 2019 Bobcat T770 throwing a code E005246--25. Then "SCR" stays illuminated on the screen and the machine will not throttle up. I see that it is a DPF related type error code. I ran the forestry mulcher on the front of the machine for about 6 hours. Then the next morning I just used the machine to push around some debris and after about 20 minutes the code presented itself. I have 3 dots showing on the DEF fluid level indicator. No debris in the engine compartment and all connections for pre-post NOX plugins seems to be well connected nad I did not see any visible chaffing or crimping of wiring. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• scr code.mp4
    6.2 MB
OP
OP
Hamiltonville Farm
I also get the code U004334-03 DEF PUMP PRESSURE MAX. Any ideas on if I can fix that someway myself? I really don't want to take it to the dealer.

brdgbldr

I also get the code U004334-03 DEF PUMP PRESSURE MAX. Any ideas on if I can fix that someway myself? I really don't want to take it to the dealer.
I have never dealt with a machine with DEF but I have heard of it crystallizing in the tank. I guess it has a shorter shelf life than many people expect.

Not sure if you could clean out the DEF tank and hoses or not. Hopefully someone on here can be more help.

foton

I do not know how it works but the bottles of def are dated and I think there is a 2 year shelf life on the stuff but does that mean it should be used and burnt by then?? If that is the case a low hour def machine is a ticking time bomb,I would think.

brdgbldr

I do not know how it works but the bottles of def are dated and I think there is a 2 year shelf life on the stuff but does that mean it should be used and burnt by then?? If that is the case a low hour def machine is a ticking time bomb,I would think.
There should be DEF filters that are serviceable by you. Here is a link to the parts catalog:
Just enter your serial number and then search "DEF" this will give you all of the schematics and you should be able to find the filters.

I did some reading about DEF just out of curiosity and it seems that it goes bad pretty easily.

The deionized water will pull in contaminants from the air if the cap is not tight. Any contamination from funnels, dirt around fill hole, non original containers, etc. will cause problems. If the water evaporates the mixture ratios get off and it won't work. If it is stored in an improper container it will corrode the container contaminating the DEF. Temperature fluctuations will cause it to go bad quicker along with improper storage.

If you can see the DEF in the machine, or pull a sample out, it should be clear. If it is cloudy it is bad. All of the info on-line that I have read says that you need to check the fluid in the tank to make sure it is still up to spec. ( the ratio of deionized water to Uriah needs to be correct ). This requires a refractometer. It's similar to how anti-freeze is tested.

There is also the chance that one of the DEF sensors or pumps have gone bad.

Now I know why people are always looking to buy older machines that do not require DEF.