T250 Drive Motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bigguyca

Hi I haven't been able to find my answer anywhere on her so sorry if this has already been posted somewhere. I have a t250 and have oil leaking ok slightly pouring out of the threads of the bolts on the back side of the right hand drive motor. They are the bolts that go all around the back of the motor. First is this supposed to happen if they come loose or is there a seal inside that has failed. Second if that's ok than what can I use to seal the threads that won't break down and leak again. and Third what torque rating are these bolts supposed to be at? I could turn them with my figures when I checked them the first time. I have tried lock tight and tightening them back up but they don't stay tight. Any help would be awesome.

Tazza

Staff member
I would have expected loctite to have worked. The problem is that you have to clean the threads of ALL oil first for it to make a good seal.
Sorry, no idea on torque, i'm sure others that know will pop their noses in.

siduramaxde

I would have expected loctite to have worked. The problem is that you have to clean the threads of ALL oil first for it to make a good seal.
Sorry, no idea on torque, i'm sure others that know will pop their noses in.
I believe you are talking about the brake on the back of the drive motor. I haven't had one apart but I would think that there is a seal on the back plate that you have coming loose. Call your dealer and ask for some info.

OP
OP
B

bigguyca

I believe you are talking about the brake on the back of the drive motor. I haven't had one apart but I would think that there is a seal on the back plate that you have coming loose. Call your dealer and ask for some info.
Sorry, it's not the motor I found out it's the back side of the final drive where the motor connects to the final drive but I believe I have found out the answer to my question. Thanks though for the comments.

OP
OP
B

bigguyca

Sorry, it's not the motor I found out it's the back side of the final drive where the motor connects to the final drive but I believe I have found out the answer to my question. Thanks though for the comments.
For everyone that isn't aware and wants to know. I have found out online that there are 2 o rings with finely machined pieces of metal attached to them that turn on each other and keep the oil where it's supposed to be. I can't tell you any more about it as I haven't torn mine apart "yet" If I have to I will post again with some pictures and some more details. The o rings run about $360 US.

siduramaxde

For everyone that isn't aware and wants to know. I have found out online that there are 2 o rings with finely machined pieces of metal attached to them that turn on each other and keep the oil where it's supposed to be. I can't tell you any more about it as I haven't torn mine apart "yet" If I have to I will post again with some pictures and some more details. The o rings run about $360 US.
They are called face seals. I have replaced those in one of my drive motors and I believe I made a post about it (T200 drive motor). If you are only replacing the face seals I don't think it is too bad. If your face seals are out I would consider replacing some of the other seals and bearings while you have it apart. I know that I started a thread here that has all the part numbers for the bearings and seals.

Tazza

Staff member
They are called face seals. I have replaced those in one of my drive motors and I believe I made a post about it (T200 drive motor). If you are only replacing the face seals I don't think it is too bad. If your face seals are out I would consider replacing some of the other seals and bearings while you have it apart. I know that I started a thread here that has all the part numbers for the bearings and seals.
Yep, i remember your post about the face seals, especially the cost!!!

Latest posts