t190 hydraulic pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

njaiu1

I beleive my hydralic pump is bad and I want to change it. Is there a manual that I can get to follow step by step to do so? It's a 2004 T190. Thanks

OP
OP
N

njaiu1

The reason why I think it is bad is because when using the bucket it has no power. Its not like it dies or anything it just stops lifting up

Tazza

Staff member
The reason why I think it is bad is because when using the bucket it has no power. Its not like it dies or anything it just stops lifting up
I wonder if your aux is stuck on some how, this would cause a loss of power to your lift and tilt.
I don't know if you have enough access to pull the pump off the main pump while its still in the machine or not. You may need to remove the pump and engine and replace the pump, not hard to do, just messy and takes time.

skidsteer.ca

I wonder if your aux is stuck on some how, this would cause a loss of power to your lift and tilt.
I don't know if you have enough access to pull the pump off the main pump while its still in the machine or not. You may need to remove the pump and engine and replace the pump, not hard to do, just messy and takes time.
You should find a mechanic with a flow tester to verify the pump is the trouble, you could have a bad relief valve causing the same syptoms too.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
You should find a mechanic with a flow tester to verify the pump is the trouble, you could have a bad relief valve causing the same syptoms too.
Ken
I agree with ken, i wouldn't throw $700+ at a new pump when it could be just fine and the new one may be exactly the same....

Fishfiles

I agree with ken, i wouldn't throw $700+ at a new pump when it could be just fine and the new one may be exactly the same....
you mentioned the boom is effected but nothing else , if the gear pump was bad it would have the same effect on the tilt and the aux , from just what you say it could be the boom bypass valve , which lets the boom down with out the motor running or maybe piston seals on the boom ram or the nut backed off the chrome rod ------you can change the gear pump on a T 190 in the frame , if it has high flow and or power bobtack it makes it a lot harder but doable ----flow meter is a good starting point