T 250 2005 bobcat arms only go up not down

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

drsc

does any body know why the arms on t250 2005 bobcat only go up not down and it has less power??

Tazza

Staff member
Less power, you mean only the lift function? how is your tilt power? can you scoop up a pile of dirt and curl the bucket back with ease? but lifitng is slower right?
If your aux hydraulics is a little sticky, it can cause issues like this too.

JD4440

Will the pedal move into the down position or is it stiff/unmovable ? Our S185 gets to where it won't go down and the pedal feels locked. All other functions act normal during this. On ours if you rock the pedal up-down a few times it will go down at normal speed.

JD4440

Will the pedal move into the down position or is it stiff/unmovable ? Our S185 gets to where it won't go down and the pedal feels locked. All other functions act normal during this. On ours if you rock the pedal up-down a few times it will go down at normal speed.
Bumping this to the top. Boom down feature is painfully slow still and sometimes sticks in the down position. I checked and rechecked for an obstruction and nothing. All other pedal functions work as they should.

mrdeere1959

Bumping this to the top. Boom down feature is painfully slow still and sometimes sticks in the down position. I checked and rechecked for an obstruction and nothing. All other pedal functions work as they should.
sounds like the aux is on

Fishfiles

sounds like the aux is on
it does sound like the aux is stuck on , if it is electrically stuck on then unplugging the two plugs going to the stem coils will realease it but if the stem valve is stuck you would need to remove and clear it or replace it --------- it could be a problem with the detent of the float or broken mounting ears or the bolts come out of the cap which goes over the detent spring on the back side of the boom spool

skidsteer.ca

it does sound like the aux is stuck on , if it is electrically stuck on then unplugging the two plugs going to the stem coils will realease it but if the stem valve is stuck you would need to remove and clear it or replace it --------- it could be a problem with the detent of the float or broken mounting ears or the bolts come out of the cap which goes over the detent spring on the back side of the boom spool
Also the aux hydraulic spool that the stem controls has springs to help center it, (on a 773 G anyway) I had that one break and cause the spool to stick, giving me lots of weird problems. Removing the cap from the rear end of the spool and checking the springs is easy on the Aux spool, not sure anout the boom one.
I changed the coil stems a few times before I caught on to my problem, the broken spring was feeding trash to the delicate stem jaming it up.
Skidsteer.ca

JD4440

OK where are the plugs ? The light for the aux isn't lit up on the dash. I don't know what a stem valve or the spool is. I mean I may, just not familiar with the term.