T250, float mode-arms slowly drift up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Acreage T250

I had leaking spools seals so I replaced lift & tilt. Getting the lift spool removed from the back side was a PITA after removing both hoses to the RHS motor and the one hard line to the tilt cylinder....such a pleasure.

It had all 4 detent balls and both springs and float worked fine before. I replaced the balls as a noticed some flat spots developing. I was in a bind to the machine operational during the recent long weekend so OEM balls were not available. I noticed the balls were 3/32" dia., which is the same as used in a 6200 bearing, so that what I used. I had to make ball/spring compressor from a cheap 6" spring clamp which worked as getting these balls installed which is a PITA with out some sort of tool.

The issue I noticed is when in float the arms go down then slowly want to drift up. If I hold the pedal down with my foot it works as it is supposed to. It locks in fine with the detent although it sometimes pops out of float if I hit some bad bumps. I did grease the inside of the detent sleeve so that may not help it staying put but I'm at a loss with needing to hold it to stop the upward drift.

OP
OP
A

Acreage T250

I found and solved the issue after pulling the spool out, yet again.

The detent adapter was not seated completely onto the washer, per attached photo. The washer was centered and I originally torqued the adapter to the 100 in-lbs manual spec but don't recall if I checked if it was correctly bottomed and was in contact with the washer. I did check if was centered which can also be an issue I hear

All works well now, after 6-8 hrs. of rework.

Attachments

• IMG_2965.jpg
    IMG_2965.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts