Snow bucket size?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

2005DMAX

I have a 2002 753 Bobcat that I will be adding a snow blower and a snow bucket. What size snow bucket have you been using? I realize this all depends upon wet heavy snow or dry snow. I would like to go with an 8' bucket, but I think this will be too much bucket for that machine. My guess is a 7' would be the bucket of choice.

jklingel

An option, if you have time/welder/etc. I added sides and a back to my dirt bucket; a one-piece U, about 20" high. It took several hours and a wooden template, but the cost was minimal. It is held on w/ two bolts and two pins, and ads a tremendous amount of volume to the bucket. There are pics on photobucket, if interested. Bucket, dirt to snow, D

skidsteer.ca

An option, if you have time/welder/etc. I added sides and a back to my dirt bucket; a one-piece U, about 20" high. It took several hours and a wooden template, but the cost was minimal. It is held on w/ two bolts and two pins, and ads a tremendous amount of volume to the bucket. There are pics on photobucket, if interested.
A 5.5ft hi volume came with my old 753 and that was too small for our dry snow. would have been about right for loading compact snow from snow banks.
I'd say a 7ft if you are just chasing dry snow to the banks.
I use a 8' on my 773 and a 10 ft blade for plowing. I use the buck as much for firewood as I do for snow but either way its a good match.
Ken