Bucket Size for the M371?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
C

chesterspal

That's an interesting concept.

Checked it out on Youtube but all the examples were for tractors where they filled the rear tires 75% with washer fluid or some other liquid. The idea being to offset the weight of the bucket way up front.

Not sure this will do me any good. I need to (theoretically) weigh the bucket down when empty so I don't have a tendency to flip backwards going up a grade. Adding weight to the rear is the last thing I'd want to do.

Now, whether adding the ballast to all four tires would work is something I'd have to have an engineer work out unless someone on here has actually down it. The M371 has such a close wheel base, I rather doubt it will work.

haymaker

I put my 542B on it's side once. I can only imagine only 36" and no flotation tires.
I would have never gotten anything done when it was my only machine.

brdgbldr

Appreciate the replies... and the history.

This model does seem to have a low tipping threshold especially going up an inclide. When I first got it running, I made the mistake of going up a slight hill in my yard without the bucket. I nearly flipped backwards.

Lesson learned :(.

I have some work to do that will involve digging into an incline to level it and I'm leaning towards bolting 50lb gym weights, one on each side, to the inside of the bucket.

Your thoughts?
Just a quick note:
When going uphill with a skid steer it is recommended to go in revers to keep from tipping over. All skid steers are back heavy to keep from tipping over forward when loaded.

OP
OP
C

chesterspal

What is meant by "flotation tires"?

Are these them?

Also, regarding inflation. Is it better to run them a bit lower for better traction?

IMG_5584.jpeg

brdgbldr

Floatation tires just refers to wider tires.

If you run the tires on low pressure the machine normally has a tendency to buck/bounce more. Also, low tire pressure can damage the sidewalls of the tires If you are not careful.

stewtaur

With floatation tires (8.5x23x12) that machine is right about 42" wide so the bucket could be factory. A picture of the back of the bucket would help.

I have a factory 3 point hitch adaptor/attachment for it if you're interested.
Hey there- I recently got a 371 series and would be interested in your three-point hitch adapter/attachment. I'm not sure how to contact you but if you'd like to email me at [email protected] really appreciate it. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.