skidsteer`s site!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

charger

hey skidsteer.ca nice site!!,do you also sell rubber tracks?? will get in touch with you for sure this spring because i`m looking for steel or rubber tracks for my ls170 and if you can get rubber tracks for a ls120??

skidsteer.ca

Our rubber tracks are rubber pads bonded to the steel track shoe. I have'nt sold a set of those yet as most people don't require them and the price is considerably higher. Partially do to requiring more shoes. They cover all but the opening on top of the shoe with 3/4 inch or rubber.
Track are available in 10, 12 and 14" wide but none for 8" tires as of yet, which is what a 120 uses?? However they are not the belted rubber tracks like goodyears.
Our steel track are a good value in this market, near 1/2 the price of other brands, and I have little doubt that my personal set will exceed 1000 hours.
The site is up but of course there are several things I'd like to do to it. I hope I can find ways to generate some traffic to it. So if you have time please stop by and check it out. If it looks good thats great, but if you see something bad, please mention that to.
Ken

OP
OP
charger

charger

Our rubber tracks are rubber pads bonded to the steel track shoe. I have'nt sold a set of those yet as most people don't require them and the price is considerably higher. Partially do to requiring more shoes. They cover all but the opening on top of the shoe with 3/4 inch or rubber.
Track are available in 10, 12 and 14" wide but none for 8" tires as of yet, which is what a 120 uses?? However they are not the belted rubber tracks like goodyears.
Our steel track are a good value in this market, near 1/2 the price of other brands, and I have little doubt that my personal set will exceed 1000 hours.
The site is up but of course there are several things I'd like to do to it. I hope I can find ways to generate some traffic to it. So if you have time please stop by and check it out. If it looks good thats great, but if you see something bad, please mention that to.
Ken
at the price you have your tracks at you should be able to move a pile of them! grousers and logerings are from 3500 to 5000 cad where i work!

nobull1

at the price you have your tracks at you should be able to move a pile of them! grousers and logerings are from 3500 to 5000 cad where i work!
I agree nice site. The site is easy to navigate and is to the point without a bunch of un-needed pages. If there was anything that I would say could be improved, it would be pricing. My self I am a price type of guy, if you know what I mean. For example; if I was to be looking for tracks I would be looking to see how much they cost on line as opposed to calling or emailing. I know you can look at your Ebay link and see, but some people might not go that far. I know when I am looking for a item if the price isn't on the site I might email, call or just look for another site that has a price. If there was a price list on the sidebar with the price of the items with a call for more details or discounts or something to that effect at the end(so to make it look like you will negotiate). That would eliminate the foolish calls or emails, by telling people the amount you are asking gives them something to think about before contacting you. This is only my opinion of what I like, and may not be what others feel is important. Not being critical, just giving my opinion on a well done site.
Brian

skidsteer.ca

I agree nice site. The site is easy to navigate and is to the point without a bunch of un-needed pages. If there was anything that I would say could be improved, it would be pricing. My self I am a price type of guy, if you know what I mean. For example; if I was to be looking for tracks I would be looking to see how much they cost on line as opposed to calling or emailing. I know you can look at your Ebay link and see, but some people might not go that far. I know when I am looking for a item if the price isn't on the site I might email, call or just look for another site that has a price. If there was a price list on the sidebar with the price of the items with a call for more details or discounts or something to that effect at the end(so to make it look like you will negotiate). That would eliminate the foolish calls or emails, by telling people the amount you are asking gives them something to think about before contacting you. This is only my opinion of what I like, and may not be what others feel is important. Not being critical, just giving my opinion on a well done site.
Brian
Yes I'm the same way. The price matters to everyone, because it does not matter how nice, what quality, how much I need it if I can't afford it, or justify the cost for my applcation. And also because my goal is to beat the big guys on price with reasonable and at times better quality.
A year ago we needed a swamp buggy for 6 weeks. The fellows over at mattracks make bolt on track systems for almost any 4x4. Seemed like a good solution. Buy the tracks for one of our pickups. Have a pickup again after the job. But had I known they were 33k USD I would not have wasted their time and mine. We bought a used nodwell with a hiab on it for 15k cdn.
The webmaster and myself dicussed this and one of the updates for the future will be to have a price list. Actually the web site should offer a better price then the ebay site because of the 3 to 5% commision that ebay makes. I guess the big thing holding me back at this point is I want to learn how to update the page, pricing, picks of used equipment, add photos of my custom work with descriptions myself.
The remainder of the site will stay fairly constant, and likely a anuall update will suffice.
Then you need to learn how to bring traffic. from what I understand, reciprical links from simular sites, changing content and advertising are the keys.
Here ebay is good, in that it gives you alot of exposure, and bad that it brings stiff competition.
I know what you mean though, alot of times the number is the difference between contact and moving on.
Ken
I'm sure I have alot to learn, but we sure going to give it a good try

skidsteer.ca

Yes I'm the same way. The price matters to everyone, because it does not matter how nice, what quality, how much I need it if I can't afford it, or justify the cost for my applcation. And also because my goal is to beat the big guys on price with reasonable and at times better quality.
A year ago we needed a swamp buggy for 6 weeks. The fellows over at mattracks make bolt on track systems for almost any 4x4. Seemed like a good solution. Buy the tracks for one of our pickups. Have a pickup again after the job. But had I known they were 33k USD I would not have wasted their time and mine. We bought a used nodwell with a hiab on it for 15k cdn.
The webmaster and myself dicussed this and one of the updates for the future will be to have a price list. Actually the web site should offer a better price then the ebay site because of the 3 to 5% commision that ebay makes. I guess the big thing holding me back at this point is I want to learn how to update the page, pricing, picks of used equipment, add photos of my custom work with descriptions myself.
The remainder of the site will stay fairly constant, and likely a anuall update will suffice.
Then you need to learn how to bring traffic. from what I understand, reciprical links from simular sites, changing content and advertising are the keys.
Here ebay is good, in that it gives you alot of exposure, and bad that it brings stiff competition.
I know what you mean though, alot of times the number is the difference between contact and moving on.
Ken
I'm sure I have alot to learn, but we sure going to give it a good try
Just a note to let everyone know that we now have our Erskine attachment prices on our sales page. I hope to have the tracks up there shortly too.
So if your thinking about a new Item or just want to know how much you can spend fixing your old one take a look. Our prices are in Canadian funds and include inbound freight to Canada.
So as usual the price to the American buyer will be lower by the exchange rate and will include a good portion or the shipping cost (est 60 to 100%)
Items are priced to sell one at a time, but we will be happy to offer discounts on multiple item orders.
www.skidsteer.ca/sales
Thanks
Ken

skidsteer.ca

Just a note to let everyone know that we now have our Erskine attachment prices on our sales page. I hope to have the tracks up there shortly too.
So if your thinking about a new Item or just want to know how much you can spend fixing your old one take a look. Our prices are in Canadian funds and include inbound freight to Canada.
So as usual the price to the American buyer will be lower by the exchange rate and will include a good portion or the shipping cost (est 60 to 100%)
Items are priced to sell one at a time, but we will be happy to offer discounts on multiple item orders.
www.skidsteer.ca/sales
Thanks
Ken
http://www.skidsteer.ca/sales.html
Forgot to put the html on the end of the link. This one works.
Ken