SkidSteer-Prime Mover 11200D

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kcils1

I'm looking Prime Mover Mod# 11200D or T1200 might have my # mixed up, Hours-1235 ,weight 5000 ,diesel as some hydraulic issues. He said it wouldn't lift a load. Could be pump, relief valve or bypass in cylinders. Fixable anyway. I don't know what year it is. What I'm asking is. What is a good estimation of what it's worth. He's asking 2,500 and with a trailer. The trailer isn't all that. Please reply this is my first post. Thanks, kcils1

Tazza

Staff member
I have never heard of that brand...
If it starts and moves well it may be worth the price. If its hydrostatic drive it makes it worth more. The one thing to check is what brand the pumps are, if its an odd brand you may not be able to get parts. Especially if it is a worn hydraulic pump, but for the money you can no doubt fit another brand if needed and make it fit.
If the engine is in good shape, it may be worth the $2,500 just for the engine.

OldMachinist

I have never heard of that brand...
If it starts and moves well it may be worth the price. If its hydrostatic drive it makes it worth more. The one thing to check is what brand the pumps are, if its an odd brand you may not be able to get parts. Especially if it is a worn hydraulic pump, but for the money you can no doubt fit another brand if needed and make it fit.
If the engine is in good shape, it may be worth the $2,500 just for the engine.
Prime Mover was made by MAHTO INDUSTRIES. Their model numbers were an L followed by lifting capacity in pounds. I haven't seen many around since the mid 90's. Drive and hydraulics were off the shelf items. That's all I know.

OldMachinist

OP
OP
K

kcils1

Ok guys, Just pick up machine today. Runs great, as some Hyd issues. Since my first post I've gott'in all kinds info the engine Isuzu QD-40 model 3AB1 Diesel. I've got parts books, workshop manual for the 3AB1, Operator's manuals, Hydraulic schematics, pumps and motors part #s, service and repair manuals from Sundstrand, Rexroth, TRW motors and cylinder kit #s. If anyone needs a little info. I've got alot. Like you said all shelf-stock. I even traced the name Prime Mover to Volvo. Thanks again,

obxer

Ok guys, Just pick up machine today. Runs great, as some Hyd issues. Since my first post I've gott'in all kinds info the engine Isuzu QD-40 model 3AB1 Diesel. I've got parts books, workshop manual for the 3AB1, Operator's manuals, Hydraulic schematics, pumps and motors part #s, service and repair manuals from Sundstrand, Rexroth, TRW motors and cylinder kit #s. If anyone needs a little info. I've got alot. Like you said all shelf-stock. I even traced the name Prime Mover to Volvo. Thanks again,
prime mover 1200d was given to me by old boss (free) wondering if worth getting ? work when parked maybe 10+ yrs ago! didn't look at real good but tag said prime mover model1200d serial # didn't write it down. any info would help! mechanically inclined not to good on hydraluics though. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
prime mover 1200d was given to me by old boss (free) wondering if worth getting ? work when parked maybe 10+ yrs ago! didn't look at real good but tag said prime mover model1200d serial # didn't write it down. any info would help! mechanically inclined not to good on hydraluics though. thanks
If you are mechanically inclined, you can learn hydraulics! They aren't all that difficult. If the price is right, as you mention its free, what have you got to lose?

lowballlen

Wow! I'm only 15 years late in replying to ur post!
I certainly feel like I'm fishing, which I wasn't very good at, in asking U if have any of the info on that skid steer U mentioned in that post? I'm hoping it has to do with a Prime Mover L1200 skid steer. Any info I've found refer to the machine having a Chrysler motor! Mine has a 3 cylinder diesel. I really believe it's an Isuzu diesel.
Ur reply will b greatly appreciated. Lowballlen

Prime_Mover_1200

I certainly feel like I'm fishing, which I wasn't very good at, in asking U if have any of the info on that skid steer U mentioned in that post? I'm hoping it has to do with a Prime Mover L1200 skid steer. Any info I've found refer to the machine having a Chrysler motor! Mine has a 3 cylinder diesel. I really believe it's an Isuzu diesel.

If you have the L1200 with the diesel motor , I believe that to be an Isuzu 3AB1

Prime_Mover_1200

If you have the L1200 with the Diesel , I think that is a Isuzu 3AB1 engine.