443 skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hello, I have a small 443 skid with a 3 cylinder kubota diesel d750 engine. When I got it it had new injectors and new glow plugs but it was only able to start with a shot of ether. It has ran good until I was loading a few yards of topsoil and died all of a sudden. I was able to restart it but it wouldnt stay running. I narrowed it down to the injection pump since fuel was barely coming to the surface of the 3 ports. I had the injection pump rebuilt and it still will not start, even with ether it fires and dies. I have fuel coming from the tank through the filter to the pump, from the pump to the injection pump, each port on the injection pump shoots fuel as each lobe opens and closes, and when the lines are cracked at the injectors fuel comes out. Still no luck, any ideas anyone?

brdgbldr

Hello, I have a small 443 skid with a 3 cylinder kubota diesel d750 engine. When I got it it had new injectors and new glow plugs but it was only able to start with a shot of ether. It has ran good until I was loading a few yards of topsoil and died all of a sudden. I was able to restart it but it wouldnt stay running. I narrowed it down to the injection pump since fuel was barely coming to the surface of the 3 ports. I had the injection pump rebuilt and it still will not start, even with ether it fires and dies. I have fuel coming from the tank through the filter to the pump, from the pump to the injection pump, each port on the injection pump shoots fuel as each lobe opens and closes, and when the lines are cracked at the injectors fuel comes out. Still no luck, any ideas anyone?
Just a guess, your injectors are clogged or something went wrong with them due to low fuel pressure.

laurencen

years ago had a Cat diesel injector pump go south, replaced the pump and when it went bad it spewed small particles into the injectors the result was similar to your problem

OP
OP
V
I was able to to get the injectors out, tore them down and they sure how some junk in them. I reinstalled them and tried firing it with no luck, it was getting pretty cold out to keep messing with it but hopefully when I do it's good

polishpete

i understand in other words if u take a jug with dieesel hang in above the motor
run the fuel line in it if it runs than u know thats your issue

OP
OP
V
Fellas! I got her running! I believe it was definitely clogged injectors, I bled the fuel system more thoroughly today, I did check the pickup line, but it did look clean. Turned it over once straight fule with no bubbles came out of the fuel line at the injectors and she fired right up. I appreciate everyone's input, I was going nuts with this lawn ornament.

foton

make sure your fuel filters are in good shape as they are supposed to keep this from happening

OP
OP
V
Copy, but like Laurencen had said, I believe it was from the injection pump calling it quits. Regardless this whole thing was kind of a nightmare so I will definitely be more diligent on PM for the machine