Security

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CottageMaker

What is everyone doing or recommending for security on a bobcat? I've heard of some "un-plugging" something on the engine. Has anyone done anything more advanced than that to prevent the "un-authorized" use of their machine? Thanks for the input.

Tazza

Staff member
If your engine has a bleed screw on the injector pump, you could open it up. I found this out after re-building an engine and scared me a bit. I bled the fuel system and went to start it. It started and just died, no idea why then i worked it out. It would be a good way to fool someone that didn't know what to look for. You could run a kill switch to the fuel shut off solenoid.
Either way, if someone really wants your machine, they will get it.

skidsteer.ca

If your engine has a bleed screw on the injector pump, you could open it up. I found this out after re-building an engine and scared me a bit. I bled the fuel system and went to start it. It started and just died, no idea why then i worked it out. It would be a good way to fool someone that didn't know what to look for. You could run a kill switch to the fuel shut off solenoid.
Either way, if someone really wants your machine, they will get it.
I agree with adding anything hidden that will disable the engine, switch, fuel shutoff.
Theif is not going to stick around to rebuild the engine. If it don't fire up they will suspect it is broke a bugger off for a easier target.
When I was in Winnipeg recently some lowlife tried to steal my 05 chev pickup. Someone must have interupted them because it stayed put but they left me a busted door handle and steering colume.
Now the fuel pump relay comes in the hotel with me. Chances are they won't have one of there own.
Ken