???'s How to release the BRAKES

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fabric8r

Hello I just baught a New holland LS185.b that has had fire damage most controls wires and engine parts have ben burnt. I need to move it around. Any idea how i go about releasing the brakes so i can pull it around. Thanks in advanc,e Scott

Tazza

Staff member
Even if you get the brake off, if your hydraulic hoses to the motors are still intact it will not roll. When the motors are full of oil they are locked up. The best way is to move it with brute force and slide it around. When the motors spin around, if the hoses are burnt you will pull crud into the motor and posibly cause damage. At the very least you will need to pull the motors down to clean them out.

skidsteer.ca

Even if you get the brake off, if your hydraulic hoses to the motors are still intact it will not roll. When the motors are full of oil they are locked up. The best way is to move it with brute force and slide it around. When the motors spin around, if the hoses are burnt you will pull crud into the motor and posibly cause damage. At the very least you will need to pull the motors down to clean them out.
Not sure but if its like the LS160 & 170 with a hand brake beside the seat, you would just lower the handle.
However as Tazza said you stll need to loop the to large hoses on each wheel motor to get it to roll.
Ken

OP
OP
F

Fabric8r

Not sure but if its like the LS160 & 170 with a hand brake beside the seat, you would just lower the handle.
However as Tazza said you stll need to loop the to large hoses on each wheel motor to get it to roll.
Ken
I have disconnected all the hoses to the motors. and wheels are still locked up. I believe on this model it is a push button parking brake? not 100% sure though. there is a soenoid with a hydraulic hose running to the drive motors. Im wondering if there needs to be some sort of pressure to the motors to unlock the break?

skidsteer.ca

I have disconnected all the hoses to the motors. and wheels are still locked up. I believe on this model it is a push button parking brake? not 100% sure though. there is a soenoid with a hydraulic hose running to the drive motors. Im wondering if there needs to be some sort of pressure to the motors to unlock the break?
Good chance it has "spring applied hydraulic release" brakes Anyway you could hook that that line, apply presure and power up the coil?
Best would be to call a dealer or two and ask how to defeat the parking brake. Maybe they can fax you a few pages on how it works. I would not just take it appart without knowledge as the springs inside may have to be caged so it can be safely dimanted.
Sorry but it is different then the models I have information on.
Ken

jerry

Good chance it has "spring applied hydraulic release" brakes Anyway you could hook that that line, apply presure and power up the coil?
Best would be to call a dealer or two and ask how to defeat the parking brake. Maybe they can fax you a few pages on how it works. I would not just take it appart without knowledge as the springs inside may have to be caged so it can be safely dimanted.
Sorry but it is different then the models I have information on.
Ken
This problem may be solved by now but I see Earthwerks had a post on here with the same machine he said the brake was spring applied and hydraulic release, so dragging in may be the only option.

OP
OP
F

Fabric8r

This problem may be solved by now but I see Earthwerks had a post on here with the same machine he said the brake was spring applied and hydraulic release, so dragging in may be the only option.
Hello Problem solved. Yes it has a hydraulic brake that is spring loaded. when the power is lost the brake automaticly applies. What i did was Got a big red hydraulic hand pump and connected it with a Tee to both drive motors. there are two small lines tword bottom of motors that are for the brake. connected the pump with a quick cuppler so I could add fluid a few times. walahhhh brakes released. hope this helps others in the future. Thanks Scott

skidsteer.ca

Hello Problem solved. Yes it has a hydraulic brake that is spring loaded. when the power is lost the brake automaticly applies. What i did was Got a big red hydraulic hand pump and connected it with a Tee to both drive motors. there are two small lines tword bottom of motors that are for the brake. connected the pump with a quick cuppler so I could add fluid a few times. walahhhh brakes released. hope this helps others in the future. Thanks Scott
The rancher said "Where theres a cow theres a how"
Ken