L228 glow plug rotted how to remove

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Nikgal

I have a L228 skidsteer and the glow plug is rotted looks like only electrode left? Has anyone had this issue and whats best way to remove the glow plug? The machine only has 300 hours

foton

I would spray some lube on each one for several running cycles the hot and cooling might let the lube work in a little better. I think also it might be a pain trying to work on a hot engine but I think I would try right after a shut down. use a never sieze compound when installing the new ones. 300 hours and it is out of warranty??? and the glow plugs are rotted too?????????? but I have read some where that water drains over them on the new holland and causes this.

OP
OP
N

Nikgal

I would spray some lube on each one for several running cycles the hot and cooling might let the lube work in a little better. I think also it might be a pain trying to work on a hot engine but I think I would try right after a shut down. use a never sieze compound when installing the new ones. 300 hours and it is out of warranty??? and the glow plugs are rotted too?????????? but I have read some where that water drains over them on the new holland and causes this.
There's nothing left to grab looks like only the electrode..ism wondering maybe I can weld a nut on some metal? If enough left

foton

wow, you can try that but I do not know if there is enough metal there on the injector, if you can get that to work it will be much easier than pulling the head and taking it to a machine shop,but be carefull not to let to any metal or other trash fall in the hole if you do get it out. I would still spray it with lube but stay away from the area of where it will be welded if you can. I do not believe that a easy out would work but that might be a option depending on how it was made.

Latest posts