post hole digger

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

junkman

anyone ever converted a standard 3pt post hole digger to hyd to run off of a hyd motor?have the a hyd motor i im told it puts out around 540 rpm at 18gpm,and where would you buy the couplers for the motor and post hole digger.i am thinking of mounting this using a 3pt adapter plate so i can still use this on my tractor with my rear hyd.i also have a shaft that goes on the motor that couples to a pto shaft they used the hyd motor and adaper on trucks to run a liquid pump for ammonia and fertaliser

coreya3212

I did this conversion about a year ago. I bought the 3 pt adapter for the skid steer and mounted a hyd motor on it. I had to fab a pto spline and weld it to a bushing with a key shaft, but I know you can buy them. the problem i had was the adaptor plate I bought has all three points on the same vertical plane which made things tougher to fabricate. My 3 pt auger was built to go on a tractor obviously, but you take out the normal top link and pin the arm directly to the tractor. So i pinned that arm to the adaptor plate and then had to build some arms to stand off the lower points. It was a bit of a pain but it does work for the add post hole I drill. I wouldnt expect to start a fencing company with it though. Good Luck.

OP
OP
J

junkman

I did this conversion about a year ago. I bought the 3 pt adapter for the skid steer and mounted a hyd motor on it. I had to fab a pto spline and weld it to a bushing with a key shaft, but I know you can buy them. the problem i had was the adaptor plate I bought has all three points on the same vertical plane which made things tougher to fabricate. My 3 pt auger was built to go on a tractor obviously, but you take out the normal top link and pin the arm directly to the tractor. So i pinned that arm to the adaptor plate and then had to build some arms to stand off the lower points. It was a bit of a pain but it does work for the add post hole I drill. I wouldnt expect to start a fencing company with it though. Good Luck.
was it the driveline angle that got in the way i was going to mount the motor directly to the gear box and do away with the driveshaft,figured you wouldnt loose so much power that way.if you would post some picts or email them to me would be helpful in this project