pistons replace/rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

heatpumpproducts

i have L565 NEW HOLLAND BOOM CYLLINDERS # 86528677 IN MY MANUAL BUT HAVE FOUND A NEW ONE #86528676 ON EBAY WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? WHERE DO THEY COME FROM ? IS THERE AN AFTER MARKET SUPPLIER ARE THIER BOUCHINGS AND REBUILD PACKING KITS AVAILABLE . MY HAS A LITLE PLAY ON THE TONG PART AT THE PIN BUT HAVE NOT TAKEN IT OFF YET. ANT IDEA WHAT THESE PISTON CYLLINDERS MITE COST .THANKS KIER

skidsteer.ca

You'd have to contact a dealer to find out about the part #'s
Most cylinders can simple have a new end welded on if the pin holes are worn to bad. How much play does it have?
Ken

92LX555

Not sure where you live but I used FC Mason in St. Johns for the BUCKET cylinder on my 555. They can be reached at 989-224-3291. Here is link as well that you can use to select your state for distributors that are within your area that may be able to help. http://www.globalspec.com/local/1299/MI

mllud

I did a parts search on www.messicks.com and they both have been superseded by different no.s 86528676=86570926 and 86528677=86570918. They have different prices. so they are probably different.I dont know who makes n/h cyls but Im sure n/h makes a rebuild kit. A hydraulic shop may be able to cross reference the manufacturer and get parts.You could ask the guy on ebay to give you measurments.I have done a lot of searching for aftermarket parts for my n/h and had no luck. They have done a good job of locking you in to getting parts from them.Probably not much help. Mike
By the way. when I first started using the net I used capital letters for everything. Then one day I was reading and found out it wa considered yelling.I personally find it easier to read.Just some information.

mllud

I did a parts search on www.messicks.com and they both have been superseded by different no.s 86528676=86570926 and 86528677=86570918. They have different prices. so they are probably different.I dont know who makes n/h cyls but Im sure n/h makes a rebuild kit. A hydraulic shop may be able to cross reference the manufacturer and get parts.You could ask the guy on ebay to give you measurments.I have done a lot of searching for aftermarket parts for my n/h and had no luck. They have done a good job of locking you in to getting parts from them.Probably not much help. Mike
By the way. when I first started using the net I used capital letters for everything. Then one day I was reading and found out it wa considered yelling.I personally find it easier to read.Just some information.
The price is about 400$ from the dealer . while I was typing my first post it looks like you got some good leads on parts. Mike

OP
OP
H

heatpumpproducts

The price is about 400$ from the dealer . while I was typing my first post it looks like you got some good leads on parts. Mike
thanks for the tip on cap locks , mike , whats nbsp mean ?
any way the piston was on ebay the guy wants 75$ plus shipping , but it sounds like it won't fit my machine L565.its off a L140 may be one of you guys will need it . ebay wequipdan is the seller .thanks for the quick responce.

mllud

thanks for the tip on cap locks , mike , whats nbsp mean ?
any way the piston was on ebay the guy wants 75$ plus shipping , but it sounds like it won't fit my machine L565.its off a L140 may be one of you guys will need it . ebay wequipdan is the seller .thanks for the quick responce.
nbsp, It referes to no break in space. It has to do with typing. Im Not positive on this. Mike

Tazza

Staff member
nbsp, It referes to no break in space. It has to do with typing. Im Not positive on this. Mike
You should only need to replace the seals, not the piston. They are generally made of cast iron or aluminum and minor scratches don't hurt anything. Just put in a $25 set of seals and you should be rite.

OP
OP
H

heatpumpproducts

You should only need to replace the seals, not the piston. They are generally made of cast iron or aluminum and minor scratches don't hurt anything. Just put in a $25 set of seals and you should be rite.
on the subject of rebuilding the piston cylinders again , june 20th/08.
on messicks it give 2 types of cylinders for the bucket . one is called solid and the other is 3/8 rececied , they look the same from the diagrams unlike the boom cylenders that have the ring at the top or the screw in head type , i want to repack these both cylenders this summer,
any way to know before i pull them apart . kier

92LX555

on the subject of rebuilding the piston cylinders again , june 20th/08.
on messicks it give 2 types of cylinders for the bucket . one is called solid and the other is 3/8 rececied , they look the same from the diagrams unlike the boom cylenders that have the ring at the top or the screw in head type , i want to repack these both cylenders this summer,
any way to know before i pull them apart . kier
My guess is that if pulled the serial # off of the machine and called a dealer they could look it up for you.

OP
OP
H

heatpumpproducts

My guess is that if pulled the serial # off of the machine and called a dealer they could look it up for you.
i have finally pulled the boom and bucket hydraulic cylinders , first the pins were redone and bushings to match , on all the cylinders , and the boom pins at the arm were made longer to fit the 2x 3/8 plates added to each side . the holes were streched . all fixed .
the pins and flat bar end of the boom cylinders needed to be replaced and rebushinged as well . but this time the cast pins was just turned down a little and then the bushing was over sized , save the money to buy or return from scatch the new largest pin .
just a note , these boom cylinders use a spring ring that needs to come out , before the top part of the head that the ring screws to . not fun ...... but needs to be done . also when puttin them back together watch that this same head dose not go to fare down , on the first one it did and it vacume locked . .......... the hitch on the f-350,the cylinder, ball a ball n tackel ,and the bottom bar on the skid steer. that was the migiver move .
any way all is back on now , every thing moves quite , smoth , holds weight , with no binding .great . machine shop charges $1350.00 can . ,packing $ 150.00 , 2 days work .
as good as new . priceless .