one side SLOW

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

willeo6709

I have an 1845C, bought with 3K hours.... one side has always been slower than the other. Is this adjustable? likely causes? troubleshooting? I have messed with a few of the likely adjustments to no avail. its better cold than warm. all ideas appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Chances are its the seals in your drive motor, it could be pump wear but the easiest and cheapest place to start is the motor. You can probably swap motors from side to side and see of it moves, if so you know where it is. Some you may be able to swap the main hoses at the pump to swap sides.
Is there a lot of difference? or just a little bit? Do you still have heaps of power on that side?

mllud

Chances are its the seals in your drive motor, it could be pump wear but the easiest and cheapest place to start is the motor. You can probably swap motors from side to side and see of it moves, if so you know where it is. Some you may be able to swap the main hoses at the pump to swap sides.
Is there a lot of difference? or just a little bit? Do you still have heaps of power on that side?
If its drive motor or pump wear there isnt an adjustment. The linkage going to the pump should be adjustable. Linkage could be worn and sloppy. I am not familiar with your model but there should be a procedure for adjusting linkages. Mike

goose

There are some adjustment screws on the kick panel just towards the middle of the machine from the travel levers. They are travel limit screws for the travel levers. You could try adjusting these to get more travel on the slow side or slow down the faster side. This or the linkage going to the pump spools may not be fully stroking. If that does not cure the problem the motors are the next place to go and then the pumps.

patrickg

There are some adjustment screws on the kick panel just towards the middle of the machine from the travel levers. They are travel limit screws for the travel levers. You could try adjusting these to get more travel on the slow side or slow down the faster side. This or the linkage going to the pump spools may not be fully stroking. If that does not cure the problem the motors are the next place to go and then the pumps.
Everybody that has a problem with their 1845C has the same problem as me! I guess I might start with the drive motor seals.

goose

Everybody that has a problem with their 1845C has the same problem as me! I guess I might start with the drive motor seals.
If the one side is slow only and still has good power dont pull the motors to quick.