Case Skid Steer TR 320 Auxiliary Hydraulics only working one way from thumb roller switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rob11

I just purchased a straight arm backhoe attachment called the(see Images) Eterra 60 for my Case TR 320 yesterday. This is the first auxiliary hydraulic attachment I have ever used with this machine since I have owned it. The Eterra attachment only has 1 hydraulic cylinder on it which runs the bucket and no electrical. The owner before me used a bush hog and a jackhammer on it, which he said worked fine. But when I hooked it up and started to use it, my machine seemed like it would only allow 1 direction of flow for the hydraulics, which would raise the bucket but not curl it. I think my problem has something to do with the proportional auxiliary switch ( also called roller switch or I think New Holland calls it Rocker Switch) See Image) I only have the one roller switch on my right joystick for auxiliary hydraulics no other options. I have noticed some machines have hydraulics 1, 2, 3 but mine only has the 1 roller thumb switch like most all do. I have taken the switch off and examined it but it seems to be sound. However I have a concern while doing some research on it that raises even more questions is that I notice some of the switches have only 3 wires and some have 6 wires. (See 2 Images) Because my switch only has 3 wires does that mean it will only allow for one direction hydraulics flow? Does anyone have any experience with this switch or anything else I could be overlooking I would greatly appreciate it.

Tazza

Staff member
Is it a toggle switch? so you can flip it right and left? generally it will move both ways, one way will extend a cylinder, the other will close the cylinder.
Never used a Case, so i can't be sure, i'd like to think it has to be something simple.