Case 1835c loader quit working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mild Bill

Hi

Today my 1835c started making an non-normal sound and the loader quit working, won't go up or down and does not tilt up, I think gravity is what tipped it down.

The sound is hard to describe, not a high pitched squeal, more like a lower pitch whine.

No warning lights on or buzzers went off.

It still has all locomotion, forward, backward and turns

I do not see any leaks.

I found this:

Is this the place to start looking?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Gearclash

The coupler on the 1835B is all generic components. I would look to see if there is any identification on the old parts and see if you can find them that way. I know some of the 'B parts were made by Neapco.

mikelv

or
says it fits yours but not sure if its the correct part

maybe?

Last edited:

mikelv

now does one delete an extra post? cant get rid of this one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mild Bill

that appears to be the one for the pump that drives the wheels, not the one for pump that runs the loader

mikelv

Is it just a splined coupling? If so there are tons of them there. You should be able to measure the shafts and count the splines then find one that matches the spline type. What is the Case part number?

mikelv

Vanderhaags has a used pump on ebay but the splines look well used.
However, If both are bad just you should be able to get pretty much any 16gpm pump and a coupler that matches that pump. there are tons of pumps and couplers on ebay,amazon and alliexpress. the newer couplers are mostly neoprene with metal inserts. There are the kind like yours (metal) but that have 6 mounting holes of which you would only need to use 3.
examples
not saying either of these will fit up in your system but just saying there are options other than the originals if you cant find them anywhere.

mikelv

what are the odds that the holes will line up?
I think there is a good chance but I would order from amazon that way if it dosent its a painless return. The pump I showed you is about 1gpm less than what was stock so see if you can find a bit larger one. Stock is 16.8gpm I think and that one is 15.5 or something. You could probably go up a bit if you want but I dont see the need to stress out an older skid steer if you dont need to.

mikelv

Of course the Nuclear option is to weld it. I read a post somewhere, a guy had the same issues with stripped out splines and took the pump apart and he welded the pump shaft to the coupler. Then somehow put the pump together around the shaft that he welded in.

OP
OP
M

Mild Bill

A big thanks to River Fluid Power for finding a pump and coupler spline to repair the old one.

It's all back together and back to doing what it does best.

Last edited: