Oil temp light won't go off.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stone Hands

Can someone suggest to me a course of action on this little problem. I have a lat model 863 turbo F series Bobcat. When I was changing the Hydro filter I accidently broke the end off a sending unit. This I am told is a Hydro temp sending unit. It screws into one of the filters. It has a brass piece with a small set screw attached to it and a two wire lead screws onto it. I replaced the unit, $24.00 from Bobcat so no biggie, but when I put it in and attached the lead to it the red light still stays on in the cab. It is the second light on the upper panel and has a gear and oil symbol on it. Any ideas if there is a reset, or code, or fuse or relay that needs to be checked. I did check the fuses in the back of the unit but did not find a bad one. Help would be greatly appreceiated.

Tazza

Staff member
Is it possible the sender is bad? i know its new, bit it does happen.
The gear is charge pressure, i assume you did start the machine? This light should be on when you turn the key, but go out as soon as it starts.

OP
OP
S

Stone Hands

Is it possible the sender is bad? i know its new, bit it does happen.
The gear is charge pressure, i assume you did start the machine? This light should be on when you turn the key, but go out as soon as it starts.
Thanks Tazza for responding. Yes the unit was running. I was also thinking maybe the sender unit, although new could be at fault. I will check it out and let you know. The dealer I go to is great to work with. If the part I purchased is suspect, I am sure they will get me another to try and if at fault no charge it. Thanks again.