nh ls190 buyer ?'s

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

otisd85

im looking at a skid steer and have some questions, im not sure if they are general or brand specific? im looking at a 2000 new holland with about 2500 hours, comes with a smooth bucket and forks, standard ROPS open cab, aux. hydro, 2 speed, tires are about 70%, they are asking 13,500 for the skid steer. i looked at it on friday and think im interested in it. the fluids look good, no major leaks, blow by is minor, all pins are worn but not sloppy or loose, it has orgional paint and no obvious structural repairs. basically every thing seems in check for a machine of its age and hours, but im not extremely familar with skid steers and this will be my first purchase. i do have a few questions about it. first is with the bucket, when raised off the ground if i bounce in it (im 6'6" 260 lbs), the hydraulics move about 1/2 - 3/4 inch, is this a problem or normal? second question is, with drive controls in full forward the left side seems to run a bit faster than the right in low, when in high it is the opposite right side is a bit faster than left. either way is not extreme, but is noticeable, and easily compensated for. is this typical or a sign of a future problem? third is when i switch from high to low, or low to high, i dont notice much speed change. how noticeable should it be? it has tons of power and no problem turning the tires over on pavement when pushing against a immobile object like a curb.

Mike10

The hydraulic bounce is probably normal because of the play in the linkages. The drive control speed is adjusted by moving the plate at the bottom of the levers to limit the travel of the levers until the unit drives straight. As for the two speed problem, there is a spring attached to the two levers on the hydro motors. When this spring breaks the two speed will not work right.

OP
OP
O

otisd85

The hydraulic bounce is probably normal because of the play in the linkages. The drive control speed is adjusted by moving the plate at the bottom of the levers to limit the travel of the levers until the unit drives straight. As for the two speed problem, there is a spring attached to the two levers on the hydro motors. When this spring breaks the two speed will not work right.
this is exactly what i wanted to read, thank you very much. i plan to get service manuals, to do maintenance and learn to work on this machine, i assume thats where i will find out how to address these issues. do you know the best place to find good manuals? or at least a good place to start looking? thanks in advance.

georgestjohn

this is exactly what i wanted to read, thank you very much. i plan to get service manuals, to do maintenance and learn to work on this machine, i assume thats where i will find out how to address these issues. do you know the best place to find good manuals? or at least a good place to start looking? thanks in advance.
I have an 05 ls185.b single speed that had similar issues with one side faster than the other. It turned out that the nut holding down the linkage plate was a little loose. Once tightened all worked perfectly, the linkage plate is located under the seat. George

OP
OP
O

otisd85

well i bought it this afternoon, and played with it a bit this evening before it got dark. this is my first piece of equipment and so far so good, i like it and am happy with my purchase but only time will tell. does any body know where to go to get good service manuals and operators manuals besides the dealer?

hotdogsL553

well i bought it this afternoon, and played with it a bit this evening before it got dark. this is my first piece of equipment and so far so good, i like it and am happy with my purchase but only time will tell. does any body know where to go to get good service manuals and operators manuals besides the dealer?
Mr. otis85, I went to our local NH dealer and ordered a operator and service manuals. They have updates and were very reasonable. $35 for the operator manual & $45 for the service manual. Good luck with your new equipment. Thanks, Hotdog

OP
OP
O

otisd85

Mr. otis85, I went to our local NH dealer and ordered a operator and service manuals. They have updates and were very reasonable. $35 for the operator manual & $45 for the service manual. Good luck with your new equipment. Thanks, Hotdog
ive been watching ebay, and nothing for the ls190. my new holland dealer wants about $50 for the owners/operators manual, $150 for the parts catalog, and $350 for the service manual. i dont want to spend that much, but will if needed. i would like to have them sooner than later. i was lucky enough to develop a healthy hydraulic leak this weekend, and havent found the culprit yet. any ideas on downloadable manuals that may be a bit cheaper, but still have all the info the paper backs would? then i could just print off what i need when i need it. thanks in advance.

jerry

ive been watching ebay, and nothing for the ls190. my new holland dealer wants about $50 for the owners/operators manual, $150 for the parts catalog, and $350 for the service manual. i dont want to spend that much, but will if needed. i would like to have them sooner than later. i was lucky enough to develop a healthy hydraulic leak this weekend, and havent found the culprit yet. any ideas on downloadable manuals that may be a bit cheaper, but still have all the info the paper backs would? then i could just print off what i need when i need it. thanks in advance.
the electronic manual is here http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/2417006-new-holland-ls180-ls190-skid-steer-loader
costs about 30 bucks but you can save it on a flash drive and as you say just print out what you need .