NH L553 Spool valve leaving like a sieve. whats the fix?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scottlandyard

Ive been running my L553 that was a burner project for almost a year. It hardly ever even warms up. Now im building a rock wall and running it for 2 hours or so at a time. Now My spool valve seems to be leaking. I know its a real ugly job to get it out, but then what? can i rebuild it or can i buy a rebuilt unit? Also, the hose that comes off of the big hydro filter and goes into the chain case on the left side, how do you tighten that? doesn't seem like there is room for a wrench. Thanks Scott in Maine

irvi00

I'm not familiar with your size machine, but any valve body can be rebuilt. You can get a kit from a New Holland dealer or contact Messicks, (www.messicks.com). Sorry but I can't help you on the hose situation.

OP
OP
scottlandyard

scottlandyard

I'm not familiar with your size machine, but any valve body can be rebuilt. You can get a kit from a New Holland dealer or contact Messicks, (www.messicks.com). Sorry but I can't help you on the hose situation.
Thanks for your reply. This machine was used on a dairy farm, 9000 hrs. im wondering if I should even bother trying to rebuild. Who has parts machines?? I believe the L555 and L553 are identical except for engine and third valve. I have the third valve kit off of a parts L555 I'm adding to my L553,that is as soon as i fix a few leaks. Thanks

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for your reply. This machine was used on a dairy farm, 9000 hrs. im wondering if I should even bother trying to rebuild. Who has parts machines?? I believe the L555 and L553 are identical except for engine and third valve. I have the third valve kit off of a parts L555 I'm adding to my L553,that is as soon as i fix a few leaks. Thanks
The parts are likely cheap, versus the labor of installing another used valve that may need the same seals yours does. If you spools are not scored and scratched up there is nothing wrong with them, just time for new seals.
As for the hose you may need to chop up a big wrench to get it in there and use a bar or hammer to get thehose tight.
Ken

Latest posts