New Member 763Hydraulic questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Witch Doctor

I have a parts manual and service manual ordered and on its way. After viewing posts and reading detailed information let me say thanks in advance. This seems to be an excellent place to get help!

A couple questions;
First What type of oil should be or can be used in the 763 hydraulic system. Machine is in Oklahoma. does it have to be THF? I see on here lots of people are using 10w40 engine oil.

What type oil / lubricant is in the chain drive area for ground drive. It appears to be hydraulic oil. Seems thin to me for that application. I read a thread where a guy was complaining that hydraulic oil was dumping into the chain drive area. That added to my confusion.

the 763 runs great! We failed a hydraulic line on an attachment and added tractor supply branded hydraulic oil. About 2.5 gallons. Immediately after start up the lift arms were slow and jerky. Almost wouldn't work for a second then worked then slowed down. Lift / lower cycle time is a lot longer now its like its really slow and jerky. The ground drive was almost the same. Checked the hydraulic oil and oil level and it has lots of air in it. Not milky from water but lots of bubbles. It seems to be getting better after repeated cycling of the lift and bucket tilt but the oil in the tank seems full of air. Is it advisable to just operate it trying to "bleed" the air from the system? Its not a daily usage machine so I'm letting it set a couple days waiting on the manuals.
My gut says the air is compressible and the oil is not and to just run it and the air will disperse out of the reservoir... So why after adding oil is the hydraulics slow jerky? Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

brdgbldr

The machine will bleed the air out eventually on its own. Just don't work it too hard and make sure to keep the reservoir full.

Hydraulic oil, from the hydrostatic system, can enter the chain case when a seal fails on a drive motor. As for what type of oil to use in the chain case it really doesn't matter. It is just an oil bath for the chains and bearings. Some of us use the oil changed out of the hydraulic system, since it is filtered, to help fill the chain case when changing the oil.

As for what type of oil to use…..there are several post on here about that. It sometimes gets heated. I have included a link to a YouTube video.

OP
OP
W

Witch Doctor

Thank you for you assistance. However i left it in the barn for 4 days. I started it up and there is no hydraulic functions initially after 30 seconds the lift slowly starts working same with ground drive. So i back it straight out very slowly and the pump or motor seems to be growling a lot. it will not turn, so i slowly back up 20 yards and go forward back and forth and at the end of each trip i stop and raise and lower the bucket. its extremly slow. but does seem to get a little faster. but the ground drive gets better it will go forward and reverse pretty good but if i try to steer it. It growls very loudly and struggles to turn. If anyone has had these symptoms please give me some direction. i am thinking of taking it to a local tractor / mechanic shop but i would sure like to do it myself
any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Bk

OP
OP
W

Witch Doctor

The machine will bleed the air out eventually on its own. Just don't work it too hard and make sure to keep the reservoir full.

Hydraulic oil, from the hydrostatic system, can enter the chain case when a seal fails on a drive motor. As for what type of oil to use in the chain case it really doesn't matter. It is just an oil bath for the chains and bearings. Some of us use the oil changed out of the hydraulic system, since it is filtered, to help fill the chain case when changing the oil.

As for what type of oil to use…..there are several post on here about that. It sometimes gets heated. I have included a link to a YouTube video.

Thank you for the advice. However the machine has the same symptoms as before. its like the hydraulics just work @20% and slowly get better, I will run it for 30 minutes just up and down and tilt then drive it foreword and backwards it growls terribly and up etc. over and over and it seems to get better but the next day its the same thing over again. I am almost thinking a relief valve is stuck partially open but the growly noise scares me. About to give up and take it to the shop.

Please does any one have any ideas?

Thanks
Bk