New Holland LS180- NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ram

Wanted to say hi to everybody out there. Im new to this so here goes: I bought my first new holland about a year ago so far loving it. I have a LS180 and was doing some concrete demo and all of a sudden it stopped going forward or backwards, but the boom works fine goes up and dn with no problem. Does any one out there explain what the issuse might be, I dont have a clue about fixing these types of machines. I need help!!!

Mike10

Sounds like the charge pump went. Is the hyd warning light illuminated on the dash when the engine is running. It is the red light with a gear symbol and it will shut the engine down in @ 30 seconds if you loose charge pressure. The charge pressure pump is in the right hydrastat pump. If you are looking in from the front it is the left pump or the one without the hydraulic pump attached to it. I would think if you had an oil supply problem there would be oil laying in the bottom of the transmission area unless the reservoir is dry. Since the hydraulic system appears to be working there is oil in the reservoir. To repair you will need to remove the hydrastat pump. Not as hard as it might look. Good luck Mike

AaronS88

Sounds like the charge pump went. Is the hyd warning light illuminated on the dash when the engine is running. It is the red light with a gear symbol and it will shut the engine down in @ 30 seconds if you loose charge pressure. The charge pressure pump is in the right hydrastat pump. If you are looking in from the front it is the left pump or the one without the hydraulic pump attached to it. I would think if you had an oil supply problem there would be oil laying in the bottom of the transmission area unless the reservoir is dry. Since the hydraulic system appears to be working there is oil in the reservoir. To repair you will need to remove the hydrastat pump. Not as hard as it might look. Good luck Mike
I agree with Mike10. It sounds like the charge pump blew apart on you. It is contained in the RH servo pump. Normally when it breaks it will take the shaft, the two ring gears, and at least one housing. The last couple we have fixed in the shop wiped out the shaft, the charge pump gears, and both housings that the gears mate against, we ended up replacing the whole pump for a few hundred dollars more than parts and labor to rebuild the pump. It is relatively easy to remove the pump but I would recommend having someone that is familiar with the pumps disassemble and rebuild it once you have it out. Also it wouldn't hurt to take a good look at the motor mount while you have the pump out of the way. If there is any doubt that is is going bad replace it. If it gets too far blown out it will allow the servo on the LH Servo pump to bottom out on the frame.

Treekiller66

I agree with Mike10. It sounds like the charge pump blew apart on you. It is contained in the RH servo pump. Normally when it breaks it will take the shaft, the two ring gears, and at least one housing. The last couple we have fixed in the shop wiped out the shaft, the charge pump gears, and both housings that the gears mate against, we ended up replacing the whole pump for a few hundred dollars more than parts and labor to rebuild the pump. It is relatively easy to remove the pump but I would recommend having someone that is familiar with the pumps disassemble and rebuild it once you have it out. Also it wouldn't hurt to take a good look at the motor mount while you have the pump out of the way. If there is any doubt that is is going bad replace it. If it gets too far blown out it will allow the servo on the LH Servo pump to bottom out on the frame.
Might be what everyone is saying, But id look at safety switches going bad. Even the seat belt switch. What kinda lights are on.

AaronS88

Might be what everyone is saying, But id look at safety switches going bad. Even the seat belt switch. What kinda lights are on.
In a LS180 once the machine is running it will drive without the safety's engaged. The boom will not operate unless the safety's are functioning, but the drives will work. A sudden stop to me says the charge pump came apart. If it was aeration of the oil the drives and boom would slowly stop working. The safety switches only control the starting circuit and boom/bucket operation. In a New Holland the safety switches didn't start controlling the parking brakes until the LS 180.B models in 2004.

urhstry

Just had the same thing happen to mine, It was the charge pump. only lost the pump and 1 housing. The hardest part is getting the pump out.
Is the charge pump the same as the hydraulic gear pump? I am lost on some of the terminology here. My service manual doesn't list the words, "charge pump"

dragstriptrash

Is the charge pump the same as the hydraulic gear pump? I am lost on some of the terminology here. My service manual doesn't list the words, "charge pump"
Not the same, Charge pump is actually the end part on the hyd. pump, where the supply line from the tank is.

Latest posts