New Bobcat/Doosan Engines, Anyone having problems?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcatguy

Is anyone having power issues with the new Doosan engine? I sell used skid steers and have had a few customers call wanting to trade newer machines with the Doosan engine for the older machines with the Kubota engine in them. I have been on several different equipment forums and have seen people saying basically these two things. 1. The engine doesn't have the same power as the Kubota and 2. The fuel system easily gels up in colder weather. I haven't experienced any noticeable difference in power between the new and old. I have a S590 with the new engine and had one with the Kubota engine and was able to do a side by side comparison working the machines and couldn't feel any power difference when working the machine. I haven't worked one when it was cold out and from what I'm reading the gelling problem appears to be in areas where the diesel fuel is blended with bio diesel. I'm just curious if anyone is experiencing any problems with the new engine and more specifically if there is anyone having problems with gelling in areas where the fuel isn't blended. I understand Bobcat recommends running 100% #1 diesel (I think that right?) in the winter would could be difficult in places where a bio diesel blend is mandatory.

Bobcatdan

All I know is second hand as I left the dealer right as they were coming out. There were some injector issuses, but mostly a new engine design teething problem. They are picky about fuel in winter, but all modern diesels are. Interim teir 4 Kubota used right before the Doosans were worse in my opinion. Gutless fuel hungry pigs. Used the same fuel filter and plugged up just as bad. As far as I know from what I hear, the Doosans have the power, but are thirsty.

7LBSSMALLIE

All I know is second hand as I left the dealer right as they were coming out. There were some injector issuses, but mostly a new engine design teething problem. They are picky about fuel in winter, but all modern diesels are. Interim teir 4 Kubota used right before the Doosans were worse in my opinion. Gutless fuel hungry pigs. Used the same fuel filter and plugged up just as bad. As far as I know from what I hear, the Doosans have the power, but are thirsty.
few quicks hits on this..A fuel quality is imperative. B.all across the board all everyone has to comply with epa mandadates. .fuel consumption has actually been lowered compared to HP generated. (this was achieved by tighter tolerances and eng control management) = less fuel less smoke= more work. this is the hand we have been dealt. played right its aces and eights. embrace it. less fuel burned per work put out, better for envirioment. lower operating cost. dude in the seat is happy. face it its about return on dollar. BILLABLE HRS..= smart buisness

1ofU

few quicks hits on this..A fuel quality is imperative. B.all across the board all everyone has to comply with epa mandadates. .fuel consumption has actually been lowered compared to HP generated. (this was achieved by tighter tolerances and eng control management) = less fuel less smoke= more work. this is the hand we have been dealt. played right its aces and eights. embrace it. less fuel burned per work put out, better for envirioment. lower operating cost. dude in the seat is happy. face it its about return on dollar. BILLABLE HRS..= smart buisness
i run a 2015 S570 it has 360 hrs on it now the motor has been fine , i think it's a great machine in it's class , i did break the belt last week drove into a rock pile and boom no hydraulics , sensor said low hydraulic pressure , it was the belt ,, a bearing went out in the pulley , the service tech replaced the unit with a upgraded pulley system for the S570 as it's under warranty . as far as the motor it has good power , good fuel economy like was listed i did go through fuel filter when it's around 15 to 30 degrees outside , as of right now Wix does not make a fuel filter for the Doosan motor , it does for the Kubota's though at 55.00 each they are not cheap . Jess

88vmx12

i run a 2015 S570 it has 360 hrs on it now the motor has been fine , i think it's a great machine in it's class , i did break the belt last week drove into a rock pile and boom no hydraulics , sensor said low hydraulic pressure , it was the belt ,, a bearing went out in the pulley , the service tech replaced the unit with a upgraded pulley system for the S570 as it's under warranty . as far as the motor it has good power , good fuel economy like was listed i did go through fuel filter when it's around 15 to 30 degrees outside , as of right now Wix does not make a fuel filter for the Doosan motor , it does for the Kubota's though at 55.00 each they are not cheap . Jess
I purchased a 2014 s570 last fall with 540 hrs on it. It is a huge power difference between it and my old 1998 773 that I had. Even though they are pretty close to physical size and lifting capacity. We had a tough winter and I never once had a problem with gelling. I just made sure I had anti-gel in the machine and would plug it in once in awhile. I can say it seams to chew down the fuel, however the HP is more than my old machine so it could be attributed to that a bit? Plus it seams that I also spend more time in the machine since it has a cab. LOL G

Latest posts