Does anyone know the length of OT Tracks I need for a bobcat 873?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Joel804

Any quick help would be great. I'm looking at a set that came off of a 751. But I'm pretty sure they won't fit. Well I'm guessing

brdgbldr

Any quick help would be great. I'm looking at a set that came off of a 751. But I'm pretty sure they won't fit. Well I'm guessing
A quick measure would be to measure the distance from front axle to back axle, multiply this by 2, and then add the circumference of 1 tire. This will give you the bare minimum length of the track needed. Of course, if these are steel tracks, you will really need tracks longer then this number since there should be a little sag at the top in order to not burn out your bearings.

Depending on what type of track, steel or rubber, some extra links can be added or taken away to make them fit.

mrbb

also keep in mind tie size, as if the machine that had them on, was not running factory sized tires,(or your not on your machine)
it can change the size of the tracks needed to fit each model

OP
OP
J

Joel804

Yeah they fit his s185 I think. We measured His tire from front to back. There's a 10" difference in mine.he has 10x16 tires and I have 12 16 on mine as well

spitzair

You'll also need spacers to run tracks on an 873 as otherwise they won't fit between the tires and the frame of the machine. We couldn't even fit tire chains on ours without spacers...

873skid

I have Loegering Trail Blazers metal tracks that I use on my 873G. They are 187.5" long and yes you will need spacers I think I have 2" spacers but that was over 20 years ago I put them on so not positive on that. Machine is a beast with them on and will go about anywhere.

mrbb

maybe have a look here, it gives info on track and spacers, I'd gather if you contacted them, they could tell you exact size length of track needed as well

or here

mocus250

I think the grouser website has a chart for their tracks. Concerning spacers, My Nieghbor has 863 bobcat and it appears the wheels are turned inside out with no spacer. Might have to make a slight bevel in the backside of wheel for lug nuts if you tried this.

Latest posts