New bee questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fhore

Hello all, great forum!! I have owned my M610 for a few months and it sounds like I am under powered!! I can't do wheellies or get my erskine 1812 snowblower to preform. I push the belt speed lever forward and she dies. Let her warm up and turn her off and she wont start for 15 minutes. I have receipts for a 300 hour old rebuild on the wisconsin motor. Any help?

sterlclan

check the carb. mine dosent like heat kinda boils the gas on my wisconsin the cooling fins were plugged with sh#$ after cleaning it was much better good luck and welcome Jeff

farmboy55

check the carb. mine dosent like heat kinda boils the gas on my wisconsin the cooling fins were plugged with sh#$ after cleaning it was much better good luck and welcome Jeff
Wecome to the forum. My buddy just purchase a skidsteer with your same engine. It had just had a engine rebuild and they couldn't get it to run when it warmed up. So he got a deal on it and all it was, was a heat sheild had been left off it leaving the fuel line exposed to the heat & vapor locking. Recheck your tuneup specs. Good Luck dennis

sterlclan

Wecome to the forum. My buddy just purchase a skidsteer with your same engine. It had just had a engine rebuild and they couldn't get it to run when it warmed up. So he got a deal on it and all it was, was a heat sheild had been left off it leaving the fuel line exposed to the heat & vapor locking. Recheck your tuneup specs. Good Luck dennis
did he have the heat sheild or did he buy a new one if so where? Jeff

WebbCo

I should clarify, its the two speed handle that when I engage it bogs down. I have an erskine 1812 snowblower but I am not sure its powerful enough even if I rebuild the pump.
The 1812 snow blower needs much more than the 610 can produce to make it work right.
I have seen this time and time again. It takes a lot of g p m to make any snowblower function, quit while your ahead.
Mark

skidsteer.ca

I should clarify, its the two speed handle that when I engage it bogs down. I have an erskine 1812 snowblower but I am not sure its powerful enough even if I rebuild the pump.
According to bobcat.com you have a 30 hp engine with 11 gpm pump with 1700 psi relief setting
http://bobcat.com/products/historic...eType=SSL&itemId=285&SUBMIT=Lookup+This+Model
The engine should have enough power to run this setup at slow to moderate ground speed.
The snow blower can draw @ 1/2 your hp though, so I would not expect it to handle it at full forward speed. How deep is the snow? How fast are you going? Does it work ok when its cold?
Ken

skidsteer.ca

According to bobcat.com you have a 30 hp engine with 11 gpm pump with 1700 psi relief setting
http://bobcat.com/products/historical/display.item.html?yearSearch=0&machineType=SSL&itemId=285&SUBMIT=Lookup+This+Model
The engine should have enough power to run this setup at slow to moderate ground speed.
The snow blower can draw @ 1/2 your hp though, so I would not expect it to handle it at full forward speed. How deep is the snow? How fast are you going? Does it work ok when its cold?
Ken
Also look at the ID tag on the blower hydraulic motor, these motors should be sized to your hyd pump for the blower to work the best. Send me the #s and I look it up in my 1812 manual and let your know what gpm the factory set the blower up for.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Also look at the ID tag on the blower hydraulic motor, these motors should be sized to your hyd pump for the blower to work the best. Send me the #s and I look it up in my 1812 manual and let your know what gpm the factory set the blower up for.
Ken
Even if it drew more than the engine could put out, the relief valve should just let the excess go over it and the engine should not stall. Its basically like bottoming out a ram, the pressure will build up and the excess will just run over you're relief valve. If you are also trying to drive at the same time you definatly could draw more power that the engine could suply.

OP
OP
F

fhore

Even if it drew more than the engine could put out, the relief valve should just let the excess go over it and the engine should not stall. Its basically like bottoming out a ram, the pressure will build up and the excess will just run over you're relief valve. If you are also trying to drive at the same time you definatly could draw more power that the engine could suply.
I will check out the s# when I get home tonight. As far as the snow goes light fluffy stuff, and I am bearly able to move forward before it all bogs down. I am looking at a S130 in Anchorage this weekend.

skidsteer.ca

I will check out the s# when I get home tonight. As far as the snow goes light fluffy stuff, and I am bearly able to move forward before it all bogs down. I am looking at a S130 in Anchorage this weekend.
Your engine must be kinda weak somehow (needs tune up), because the gpm and pressure for that machine would only draw around 1/2 the engines hp, you should still have 50% left to run the wheels.
However the pump is quite small to be running a snowblower with, it will require some patience. More press and flow is always better for blowing snow.
A s130 would be a big step forward, remember to ask for the specs for gpm and psi or check bobcat.com historical specs for the models you are considering.
Ken

Latest posts