New 751 owner...ugh!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

maccor

I just bought a 751, 2100 hours. Used it for 2 hours tonight doing some light digging trying to get used to it. The left side front lift cylinder seal let loose and started spraying oil all over. I immediately shut it down. After inspecting the cylinder, I tried to start the machine back up so I could move it and park it in a more accessible place. Nothing worked. When I turn the key, no lights, nothing on the black box by the seat (can't remember that acronym), no voltage on the gauge, nothing. Before that I had no problems. The lifting arms are currently raised about 2 feet. I checked the hydraulic fluid and it is low...not off the dipstick, but out of the "normal" range. Is there a low fluid level lockout/float switch on it? Is there a lockout with the arms raised? Can't figure out what went wrong between shutting it down and trying to start it. The next question is going to be...how do I remove the lift cylinder so I can get it rebuilt? In looking at past posts, it looks like I have come to the right place....lots of good info! Thanks in advance, Mike

Tazza

Staff member
Check the fuses in the engine bay. Having the arms up won't stop it starting.
You will want to have the arms slightly raised and put a suitable stay under it. I generally lift the arms up about a foot and use a piece of wood that i haven't cut up for fire wood just yet and put it between the stop bethind the bobtach ram and the main frams. This will leave you with enough space under the arm to remove the ram.
The fuses can get moistore in them and corrode the connectors. If they are bad, you can install inline fuse holders, i have done it before, works well.

OP
OP
M

maccor

Check the fuses in the engine bay. Having the arms up won't stop it starting.
You will want to have the arms slightly raised and put a suitable stay under it. I generally lift the arms up about a foot and use a piece of wood that i haven't cut up for fire wood just yet and put it between the stop bethind the bobtach ram and the main frams. This will leave you with enough space under the arm to remove the ram.
The fuses can get moistore in them and corrode the connectors. If they are bad, you can install inline fuse holders, i have done it before, works well.
OK, thanks for suggestion. Though it seems odd that everything was working OK up until then. Would think I screwed something up when I shut it down quickly..... Mike