need to cross reference bearing numbers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Burl

I have a few skid steers , the bobcat is the one with the most common problem of not being able to cross reference bearing and seal numbers from the book to my local bearing/seal distributors . Can anyone tell me where to find info on this problem so I do not have to order and wait on parts once I get em out . Sometimes I can take em down and match em up ,and though they may cost a bit more this way ,I do not have to wait a week or so for them . Thanks

6brnorma

Bobcat seems to go out of their way to make it difficult to cross over their parts numbers. If you are still working on the M-610, I can help with some (certainly not all)……if you are working with another model, there are others that can help. I am unaware of any publication that has Bobcat cross references…..if there's one out there, I'll be buying one just after you.

OP
OP
B

Burl

Bobcat seems to go out of their way to make it difficult to cross over their parts numbers. If you are still working on the M-610, I can help with some (certainly not all)……if you are working with another model, there are others that can help. I am unaware of any publication that has Bobcat cross references…..if there's one out there, I'll be buying one just after you.
For sure ! thank you ! I have just hit my head against the wall so many times now with bobcat . I try to match up what a local company may have , than decide to order the bobcat ones as well to keep on the shelf . sometimes they are not even close to the original even though from bobcat . seems no bearings or seals are used in more than one application as well (other style or size equipment ). I did find a very good resourse in ND I think it is ? Buddy's service ;) he is the bobcat encyclopedia I think . It sounds like I wake him up every time I call ,and he just answers" hello " no business name or anything lol

6brnorma

For sure ! thank you ! I have just hit my head against the wall so many times now with bobcat . I try to match up what a local company may have , than decide to order the bobcat ones as well to keep on the shelf . sometimes they are not even close to the original even though from bobcat . seems no bearings or seals are used in more than one application as well (other style or size equipment ). I did find a very good resourse in ND I think it is ? Buddy's service ;) he is the bobcat encyclopedia I think . It sounds like I wake him up every time I call ,and he just answers" hello " no business name or anything lol
The only problem with that "resource" is that he will stop answering the phone when he gets too many calls. Though he does have some hired help now that he didn't have years past and it gives him more time. That's a good thing.

OP
OP
B

Burl

The only problem with that "resource" is that he will stop answering the phone when he gets too many calls. Though he does have some hired help now that he didn't have years past and it gives him more time. That's a good thing.
well so far he is a real jem , but loves to talk for sure . My guess on my biggest problem with him would be getting a busy signal for hours while he talks with others ;) . I do think he would get up in the middle of the night to talk bobcat though :)

banewolf

well so far he is a real jem , but loves to talk for sure . My guess on my biggest problem with him would be getting a busy signal for hours while he talks with others ;) . I do think he would get up in the middle of the night to talk bobcat though :)
well if needed I can cross check a few places here if you want to email me a s/n for your machine

OP
OP
B

Burl

well if needed I can cross check a few places here if you want to email me a s/n for your machine
thank you , I was thinking more in general maybe instead of after disassembly ,do it before tore down and have parts on hand too maybe