Need info on a Bobcat 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

robjr1987

Hello everyone we just bought a Bobcat 763 and it needs a little work. The previous owners must have never cleaned it, we have cleaned out about 15 pounds (no joke) of dirt and there is more, some of which is soaked with diesel, oil and who knows what else. There are a few parts that we need to replace due to wear and tear and a few things look to be broken (nothing major). I need to get a service manual for my 763 but i do not know the year. I have the model and serial number. I just wanted to know if the book i found online is universal throughout the 763 line and different models. I have an F series, but the "Master Illustrated Parts List Manual" that I found online is for a G series 763. Does anyone know what the difference is? I also found a "Bobcat 763 763H Skid Steer Loader Workshop Service Repair Manual" will that be universal for all 763 models? (it does not specify series or year in the description of the book). Thanks -Rob

OldMachinist

Bobcat service and parts manuals are by serial number not year built. I'm sure someone else will chime in on the differences of the F and G series.
On the matter of all that gunk that your cleaning out it really doesn't take long to get a build up if it's not washed out once in a while. It just depends on what you playing in and if you have any leaks. Anything wet will acumulate dust fast and turn to mud.

Tazza

Staff member
Bobcat service and parts manuals are by serial number not year built. I'm sure someone else will chime in on the differences of the F and G series.
On the matter of all that gunk that your cleaning out it really doesn't take long to get a build up if it's not washed out once in a while. It just depends on what you playing in and if you have any leaks. Anything wet will acumulate dust fast and turn to mud.
There are differences, the G series has more electronics than the earlier ones that have BICS only, essentially the rest of it i believe is the same, only slight differences with controls. Others would know better though.
As for the muck, i have had worse, FAR worse. I scraped out 2 x 20L buckets of crud from a 743 once, another one had at least a full bucket of muck too. And people wonder why they can catch fire???? It really doesn't talk long to clean once every few months to keep it clean.

bobcat1505

There are differences, the G series has more electronics than the earlier ones that have BICS only, essentially the rest of it i believe is the same, only slight differences with controls. Others would know better though.
As for the muck, i have had worse, FAR worse. I scraped out 2 x 20L buckets of crud from a 743 once, another one had at least a full bucket of muck too. And people wonder why they can catch fire???? It really doesn't talk long to clean once every few months to keep it clean.
buy your parts and service manual by s/n only. the frame, drive train and engines are basicly the same for all 763, the hydraulics and electrical are diferant. triangular head lights it's a g series.

OP
OP
R

robjr1987

Thanks for the information guys. I think it would be best if I just call the local bobcat dealer and see if they can get me the right books and manuals. I spent the whole day cleaning the bobcat, I think I got the majority of the gunk out. I would say there is about 10 to 15 gallons of stuff, it was bad. The stuff was compacted around everything, I'm surprised the poor thing did not over heat. I took the access panel on each side off and the whole thing was full, packed around the hydraulic pumps and hoses. The space between the fuel tank and the oil pan was completely full of junk too. the whole thing was a mess. When we bought it we knew it had a fuel leak, but we found that problem. The small hose that connects from the fuel tank to the piece that the fuel cap screws in to was broken off from that piece and was laying down so the diesel would leak from there. we also have to get a new muffler because it was completely rusted out. The tires are pretty worn as well. Any suggestions for tires? We have a lot of rock here but there is dirt too and rocky soil. Hopefully nothing too expensive.

m610

Thanks for the information guys. I think it would be best if I just call the local bobcat dealer and see if they can get me the right books and manuals. I spent the whole day cleaning the bobcat, I think I got the majority of the gunk out. I would say there is about 10 to 15 gallons of stuff, it was bad. The stuff was compacted around everything, I'm surprised the poor thing did not over heat. I took the access panel on each side off and the whole thing was full, packed around the hydraulic pumps and hoses. The space between the fuel tank and the oil pan was completely full of junk too. the whole thing was a mess. When we bought it we knew it had a fuel leak, but we found that problem. The small hose that connects from the fuel tank to the piece that the fuel cap screws in to was broken off from that piece and was laying down so the diesel would leak from there. we also have to get a new muffler because it was completely rusted out. The tires are pretty worn as well. Any suggestions for tires? We have a lot of rock here but there is dirt too and rocky soil. Hopefully nothing too expensive.
My latest Bobcat project, the 863 had so much crud in it that it blocked the drainage holes. Water would get inside and stay there for weeks till it evaporated. I have seen Bobcats and other loaders catch fire, but I will never let mine get to that point. Never will you see the inside of any machine I own filthy or leaks that do not get fixed.