Mustang 440 issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JeepGuy4869

Hi to all!! I'm new to this and to working on a Skidsteer. My friend has a mustang 440. The drive works fine...no problems, how ever the hydros for the bucket and lift are only trying to work. The machine has 3 peddles one for the bucket one for the lift and one in the middle he sez is for aux. the rod on the aux peddle is broke. I'm thinking that since it is broke that it is in aux mode and thats why the bucket and lift are only trying to work. Any ideas would be very helpfull. Thanks for your time...Rick

Tazza

Staff member
Its possible its stuck on causing the oil to not reach the lift/tilt properly.
You say its only trying to work, you mean it has no lift/tilt power?

OP
OP
JeepGuy4869

JeepGuy4869

Its possible its stuck on causing the oil to not reach the lift/tilt properly.
You say its only trying to work, you mean it has no lift/tilt power?
correct. it is trying to move but has no power. do any of the lines on that have check valves in them?? this machine has three pedals on it. 1 for the bucket and one for the lift. I was told the one in the middle is for aux. the rod to the aux pedal is broke. if it is broke in the on position will this cause the ones for the lift and bucket to not operate properly??? thanks again for you time and help. Rick

Tazza

Staff member
correct. it is trying to move but has no power. do any of the lines on that have check valves in them?? this machine has three pedals on it. 1 for the bucket and one for the lift. I was told the one in the middle is for aux. the rod to the aux pedal is broke. if it is broke in the on position will this cause the ones for the lift and bucket to not operate properly??? thanks again for you time and help. Rick
If its stuck on, it sure will. Can you get at the remaining shaft and pull it back to centre?

OP
OP
JeepGuy4869

JeepGuy4869

If its stuck on, it sure will. Can you get at the remaining shaft and pull it back to centre?
yeah I can get ahold of it. The rod going to the pedal is whats broke. I'm going to go work on it again and i'll keep you posted. Thanks for your time . Rick

OP
OP
JeepGuy4869

JeepGuy4869

yeah I can get ahold of it. The rod going to the pedal is whats broke. I'm going to go work on it again and i'll keep you posted. Thanks for your time . Rick
update.... I welded the brokin rod going to the aux valve this weekend and this cured the problem I was having. Thanks for you time in assisting me on this. Nice to know there are more people like me that will take time out to help. Thanks again JeepGuy

Tazza

Staff member
update.... I welded the brokin rod going to the aux valve this weekend and this cured the problem I was having. Thanks for you time in assisting me on this. Nice to know there are more people like me that will take time out to help. Thanks again JeepGuy
Good to hear you got it fixed. Stuck AUX hydraulics catch a lot of people. Glad it was such a simple fix too.