MTL16. Joysticks are locked out. Why?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

4x4dually

I have on loan an MTL16 from a buddy. I've been clearing trees for days with it and parked it one night. I went back last night and it started right up....but no joysticks. None. No bucket, no loader, no tracks, nothing hydraulic. No aux hyd either. I assumed it was the safety bar switch behind my right shoulder. I took the cover off and inspected it. I adjusted it a little closer to the metal bar (proximity switch) and nothing. Then I just unplugged it and jumpered the proximity switch out. Nothing. The hyd oil res was a tad low (just below the red mark, so I added a gallon to get it back. Still nothing. I tried to use the "search" function with no luck. Any advice on where to start checking would be greatly appreciated! I have downloaded the part lists but haven't found a user manual to download yet. Thanks all.

OP
OP

4x4dually

I'm going to throw up the answer in case someone else has this problem. I found a solenoid wire broke under the cab in the front, left corner. Apparently it was the boss of the entire machine. A few crimps, solder for good measure, and some heat shrink and I was back in the woods for an hour before sundown. :D
attachment.php
Now, how in the hell did it work properly so that I could drive it all the way from the woods the last time to the barn and park it then manage to break between shutting it off last time and getting back in it two weeks later? Possibly a rat chewed it....I'll never know.

OP
OP

4x4dually

I'm going to throw up the answer in case someone else has this problem. I found a solenoid wire broke under the cab in the front, left corner. Apparently it was the boss of the entire machine. A few crimps, solder for good measure, and some heat shrink and I was back in the woods for an hour before sundown. :D Now, how in the hell did it work properly so that I could drive it all the way from the woods the last time to the barn and park it then manage to break between shutting it off last time and getting back in it two weeks later? Possibly a rat chewed it....I'll never know.
So apparently this forum won't show linked images. Are you kiddin' me? Cut-n-paste into your browser. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46346&stc=1&d=1379332137

Tazza

Staff member
So apparently this forum won't show linked images. Are you kiddin' me? Cut-n-paste into your browser. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46346&stc=1&d=1379332137
Very nice find there, one wire taking out the whole lot....
As for images, i find that i need to put a space before the link to get it to go blue, it's a bit moody, but you get used to it.
The link didn't work as the forum it is stored on wants you to have an account to view it.

OP
OP

4x4dually

Very nice find there, one wire taking out the whole lot....
As for images, i find that i need to put a space before the link to get it to go blue, it's a bit moody, but you get used to it.
The link didn't work as the forum it is stored on wants you to have an account to view it.
Thanks for the link fix. I never realized if they hosted pics that others had to have an account to view them. I guess after almost 18000 posts....I take it for granted. LOL Gracias.

Latest posts