MTL Attachments

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Anybody ever heard or dealt with these guys? There in western Georgia; would like to hear some feedback. Thanks

wb

Just bought a root grapple from them. So far everything seems good. Looks to be well built. Easy to deal with and fast shipping. Might buy a brush cutter from them.

relkins11

***BUYERS BEWARE*** I purchased a 78" HD tooth bucket for my skid steer from MTL Attachments. It looked very well made when I received it. After 1 hour of digging a hill side of relatively soft dirt I noticed the blade was snapped in half near the center of the bucket. Obviously the heat treat was incorrect making the blade very brittle. The blade should bend before it breaks! I contacted MTL Attachments and they kept giving excuses like my machine was too big, (old 1999 New Holland Lx885 60 HP) which it is not. Then they said I had over the tire tracks on it which disqualified it for the bucket. The tracks where on to keep me from getting stuck in the soft and muddy dirt I was digging in. Then they said it was the wrong bucket for my application. Said I needed a " track loader bucket "... Just one excuse after another. The bottom line to me is the heat treat on the blade was faulty making it too brittle. There used to be a time when made in the USA meant something. My Chinese bucket though might have been bent a little never broke after years of use. My recommendation is look at Titan, Spartan Equipment, Everything Attachments. The bucket I purchased from MTL Attachments is nothing but junk and unusable now. I guess you get what you pay for. Message me if you want pictures of my broken bucket and you will see for your self. PS: Just look at the owners responses to the negative reviews on Google. That's all you really need to see...

Tazza

Staff member
***BUYERS BEWARE*** I purchased a 78" HD tooth bucket for my skid steer from MTL Attachments. It looked very well made when I received it. After 1 hour of digging a hill side of relatively soft dirt I noticed the blade was snapped in half near the center of the bucket. Obviously the heat treat was incorrect making the blade very brittle. The blade should bend before it breaks! I contacted MTL Attachments and they kept giving excuses like my machine was too big, (old 1999 New Holland Lx885 60 HP) which it is not. Then they said I had over the tire tracks on it which disqualified it for the bucket. The tracks where on to keep me from getting stuck in the soft and muddy dirt I was digging in. Then they said it was the wrong bucket for my application. Said I needed a " track loader bucket "... Just one excuse after another. The bottom line to me is the heat treat on the blade was faulty making it too brittle. There used to be a time when made in the USA meant something. My Chinese bucket though might have been bent a little never broke after years of use. My recommendation is look at Titan, Spartan Equipment, Everything Attachments. The bucket I purchased from MTL Attachments is nothing but junk and unusable now. I guess you get what you pay for. Message me if you want pictures of my broken bucket and you will see for your self. PS: Just look at the owners responses to the negative reviews on Google. That's all you really need to see...
I can't see how they can say tracks broke the bucket.... A crack like you mention, has to be them using too hard of a cutting edge, that's the idea, you make it hard, but malleable, you want it to be tough to take longer to wear, but not brittle

relkins11

I can't see how they can say tracks broke the bucket.... A crack like you mention, has to be them using too hard of a cutting edge, that's the idea, you make it hard, but malleable, you want it to be tough to take longer to wear, but not brittle
That was my thought as well... As an update I want to say that yesterday MTL Attachments did offer me a new bucket at their cost with no extra shipping. Not the greatest deal but I need a bucket for a current project so I accepted that offer as I had no other good choice. I payed with PayPal and could not charge back like with a credit card. We will see how the new bucket works... Will let you know when I get it.

OP
OP

That was my thought as well... As an update I want to say that yesterday MTL Attachments did offer me a new bucket at their cost with no extra shipping. Not the greatest deal but I need a bucket for a current project so I accepted that offer as I had no other good choice. I payed with PayPal and could not charge back like with a credit card. We will see how the new bucket works... Will let you know when I get it.
I ended up buying several pieces from them, the guy was hard to catch & get in touch with. I drove down there and dealt. Anyways everything seems good but I haven't used any of it a bunch. I did get a HD brush cutter & really happy so far with it. Bought 2 different buckets, 1 severe duty with teeth & 1 hd with reversible blade smooth and schraded like, I like both so far. Guess I'm saying only negative was trying to get dude to call back & or get in touch with.