Landscaping rakes and other grading attachments?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

UCFKnights

Hi all, I've been looking at new attachments for my skid steer to try to make grading faster and easier as I've been having trouble keeping up with my work and especially difficult to find the labor willing to do the raking and hard work on the ground while I'm on the machine, so I'm hoping to find an attachment to make things faster and easier.... I currently do everything with a bucket, usually 2 men on the ground getting trash, raking and shoveling areas I can't maneuver into, and running a laser level to help me get the heights right. My work is generally all new construction, lots of trash and rocks mixed in the dirt, and a total mess with the grade. Need to get it ready for irrigation and planting, doing the final grade and all (of which others on my team do those tasks). There's a good number of attachments that claim to do exactly what I want, but I'm having trouble differentiating between them. I can't seem to find any videos comparing the different styles... I've looked at the SR3, the landscape rakes with attached buckets like the Titan Landscape Rake, and lots of products in between, and I'm just stumped at which ones will actually work well and are best for the purpose as I stated. Does anyone have experience with the different styles and can give me any pros and cons of each? And how much they'll actually help over the way I'm doing it now? I can't find anywhere local to rent these attachments as they don't seem to be too common around here, but all the YouTube marketing videos look real nice lol

TriHonu

&nbsp
Most landscapers in my area use Harley Rakes.
I have the Bobcat Soil Conditioner. Same basic attachment with a couple different features. First is direct drive from hydraulic motor to drum vs Harley uses a chain drive with motor mounted on top. If you have a Bobcat loader the newer models are integrated and you can get both hydraulic angle and depth control.
They do a great job. More information in the thread Rock Hound VS Harley Rake.