Backhoe attachments for 1988 Bobcat 843...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

inalaska

I Have a Early 843 and thought a 909 would fit but it does not so I can only assume the only unit that fits is the 911.
Hi, Could you tell what was it that did not allow the 909 to fit your 843 ? Is it just the mounting arms being too short ? Just curious as I have an 843 with the Isuzu engine,and have a lead on a 909 attachment. Thanks

Auggie

Wow!!! looks good kinda, what I was thinking I was going to do, but got lucky and ended up with a 911, could you send pictures of the ball mounts I have not done that yet just wanted to see which holes and or is there a bracket needed?
Sorry @midwaycc , I didn't see this when you posted. Hope you figured it out. You can see the ball mount in one of my photos in a previous post. They're like balls on a hitch receiver but with a big hex base. I think they just bolt through. Let me know if you need a better photo

Auggie

Hi, Could you tell what was it that did not allow the 909 to fit your 843 ? Is it just the mounting arms being too short ? Just curious as I have an 843 with the Isuzu engine,and have a lead on a 909 attachment. Thanks
For me, the arms were too short (in height) and too far away from the balls. You can see the adjustment I had to make in order to make mine fit. I'm not sure I'd trust it on a full-time jobsite, but it seems fine so far. I'd say it was an intermediate-level welding job that took half a day for me. The 911 would've been preferable, but I'm in a remote area and the 909 came up for sale a couple hours away. Good luck

midwaycc

I also have an 843, from the late 80"s maybe early 90's and I purchased the 909 as I was told it would fit, well it doesn't.
The only attachment that fits to the best of my knowledge, with no alterations to attachment or machine is a 911.
If you don't mind cutting and welding you can make the 909 fit but why?? just get the 911 hook it up and go, I did and glad I did.
It is larger and has better stabilizers, digs deeper, all around good!!
Good Luck