Replace Hydraulic Fluid in Attachments

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Zeigh

Sorry for this basic question, but I am apparently not using the correct search criteria to get a straight answer...

How do you flush and replace the hydraulic fluid from an attachment? A video or link on the task would be helpful.

I have two brand new Titan attachments that I have been using. About 10 hours in on the most recent (grapple) purchase, I am experiencing some general hydraulic issues with my Cat 262C2 skid steer. A complete hydraulic system inspection and fluid flush was done on the machine 100 hours ago, so I am researching the troubleshooting. Regardless of what the issue ends up being, it would be a good measure to have ALL of the hydraulic fluid replaced in machine and attachments and be of the same type/manufacturer.

Peace,
Dr. Z.

brdgbldr

Sorry for this basic question, but I am apparently not using the correct search criteria to get a straight answer...

How do you flush and replace the hydraulic fluid from an attachment? A video or link on the task would be helpful.

I have two brand new Titan attachments that I have been using. About 10 hours in on the most recent (grapple) purchase, I am experiencing some general hydraulic issues with my Cat 262C2 skid steer. A complete hydraulic system inspection and fluid flush was done on the machine 100 hours ago, so I am researching the troubleshooting. Regardless of what the issue ends up being, it would be a good measure to have ALL of the hydraulic fluid replaced in machine and attachments and be of the same type/manufacturer.

Peace,
Dr. Z.
It depends on the attachment.

The only true way to get all of the oil out of any hydraulic cylinder or motor is to remove it, and cycle it with the ends open so that all of the oil comes out from both ends.

If you want to change all of the oil in a machine you pretty much have to remove all off the hoses and drain them and all of the pumps etc.

Latest posts