Moving a Dead 722

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Atilathehun99

I read a thread below about moving another model when it was dead and it got me to thinking again about something that crossed my mind more than once.
If my 722 were to lose power and couldn't be re-started is there some way to put it into free wheel so it could be moved (like out of the middle of the road, pulled onto a trailer, etc)?

idwoodhauler

I've had to tow mine. It will tow if you have someone in there pushing the drive sticks forward it will roll. That worked in my 743B. Otherwise the wheels won't turn.

OP
OP
A

Atilathehun99

I've had to tow mine. It will tow if you have someone in there pushing the drive sticks forward it will roll. That worked in my 743B. Otherwise the wheels won't turn.
Got it. Bungee cords on the sticks. Now if you can only pull a rabbit out of your hat to help me raise the bucket if necessary I'm in like Flynn.

BobCat

Got it. Bungee cords on the sticks. Now if you can only pull a rabbit out of your hat to help me raise the bucket if necessary I'm in like Flynn.
If it's only a short distance. Try holding the levers depending on which way you want to go. While you crank/turn the engine over. It will move as it cranks. Just hope the battery will last long enough to get her out of the way.