Memory Loss

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

uffda

On my 743 I took out the radiator to replace it with a new one. I might have taken it apart to far. Now I am ready to put it back together but I can't remember where the 1" x 30" plus piece of strap metal goes. I don't think it goes in the back behind the cab, so it must be some sort of reinforcement for the fan shroud in the front. Is the shroud sandwiched between the 1" strap and the radiator framework?

brdgbldr

On my 743 I took out the radiator to replace it with a new one. I might have taken it apart to far. Now I am ready to put it back together but I can't remember where the 1" x 30" plus piece of strap metal goes. I don't think it goes in the back behind the cab, so it must be some sort of reinforcement for the fan shroud in the front. Is the shroud sandwiched between the 1" strap and the radiator framework?
It's been a while since I've worked on an older machine but the only strap I remember, of your description, was the one that went around the fuel/hydraulic fluid tanks behind the cab.

However I do see a "J" shaped retainer strap on the left top side of the engine compartment. I think that strap is pretty short and used to hold up the radiator hose.

Here is a link to the parts catalog:

You can check the schematics in it to see where the strap is located.