Loss of hydraulic pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

N4cerbryant

I have a Bobcat s650 tracked skid steer. It got swamped in the mud with water up to the floor boards. After returning with a chainsaw and some other equipment for the recover, the machine lost hydraulic power. Everything checks out, there are no weird noises, and the hydraulic pressure ramps up as normal. As soon as I try to move the machine, tilt the bucket, or raise the boom, the hydraulic pressure drops and nothing happens. Interestingly, if the RPMs are increased, the hydraulic pressure drops. While the machine is idling, the bucket will raise about 1 inch at a time. There is no evidence of an external fluid leak as it would be noticeable in the water. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne440

My guess is that the drive belt is probably slipping. It isn't designed to work under water. DISCLAIMER- I claim no expertise, my newest machine is decades older than yours.

farmshop

My guess is that the drive belt is probably slipping. It isn't designed to work under water. DISCLAIMER- I claim no expertise, my newest machine is decades older than yours.
I too would look at the drive belt on the left side of the engine as you look from behind. Spring loaded tensioner could have mud or something packed in it

OP
OP
N

N4cerbryant

I too would look at the drive belt on the left side of the engine as you look from behind. Spring loaded tensioner could have mud or something packed in it
You guys nailed it. Got a bigger piece of equipment to lift the skid steer out, then after washing out the mud from the belt, everything started to work like it should. There is a little bit of squeaking from the belt, so I'll continue to clean everything out and probably go ahead and replace it. Thanks for your responses.