Loss of Hydraulic Pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JoRo

Hi Everyone and "Thank You" for all of your help. I have a Bobcat S160 and just recently I loss all hydraulic pressure. The engine started beeping so I immediately shut it down, climbed out, opened the rear door and heard pressure escaping which lasted for 30 seconds or more. There are no codes showing up so I'm curious as to what could have possibly caused this apart from maybe a punctured line. Not sure where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

OP
OP
J

JoRo

Are you getting oil spraying out or just a hissing noise?
Thanks Tazza for the reply. I don't see any signs of oil being sprayed out. Just not sure what/where to check. Don't know anything about skidsteers. Thanks again!

Bswwood

Thanks Tazza for the reply. I don't see any signs of oil being sprayed out. Just not sure what/where to check. Don't know anything about skidsteers. Thanks again!
Did you lose all hydraulic functions and drive instantly? Could have broke a main drive belt. If you lost all hydraulic oil you should see signs of a leak. Have you raised the cab yet? Remove the covers between the wheels and see what you find, sometimes the frames are so full of dirt it will soak up all the oil and you will not see any leaking from underneath.

biggie

Hey JoRo, You mentioned" The engine started beeping" This means it's setting a code. When this happens, you can access that code on the left hand panel. Depending on the age of the machine, push (I) button, or "Hold for codes button.(lights button) The LED screen should display a error code IE (1306) If you shut the machine off and try to access the code when its not running, it might not show up. You have to access it while its happening. The machine will protect its self, by shutting off if it overheats, loses hydraulic pressure, or hydraulic oil get to hot. Good to hear you thought to shut it off, when it started beeping though.

OP
OP
J

JoRo

Hey JoRo, You mentioned" The engine started beeping" This means it's setting a code. When this happens, you can access that code on the left hand panel. Depending on the age of the machine, push (I) button, or "Hold for codes button.(lights button) The LED screen should display a error code IE (1306) If you shut the machine off and try to access the code when its not running, it might not show up. You have to access it while its happening. The machine will protect its self, by shutting off if it overheats, loses hydraulic pressure, or hydraulic oil get to hot. Good to hear you thought to shut it off, when it started beeping though.
Thanks Biggie for the reply.

OP
OP
J

JoRo

Thanks Biggie for the reply.
The weather in NL finally warmed up so I could lift the cab and remove the side panels between the wheels. However, I did not see any signs of leaks. But I know I lost approx. 1-2 litres of hyd. oil and since it took approx. a minute for the pressure to dissipate I'm assuming that the spray was very minute and not easily detected. Should I try starting it again and check to see if it throws a code? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

OP
OP
J

JoRo

The weather in NL finally warmed up so I could lift the cab and remove the side panels between the wheels. However, I did not see any signs of leaks. But I know I lost approx. 1-2 litres of hyd. oil and since it took approx. a minute for the pressure to dissipate I'm assuming that the spray was very minute and not easily detected. Should I try starting it again and check to see if it throws a code? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
Skidsteer is throwing codes 05-14 and 05-15. Do anyone on here know what this means in regards to a possible fix. Thank you!

Bswwood

Skidsteer is throwing codes 05-14 and 05-15. Do anyone on here know what this means in regards to a possible fix. Thank you!
Charge pressure codes, do you have any functions at all? Did you check the pump drive belt?

OP
OP
J

JoRo

Charge pressure codes, do you have any functions at all? Did you check the pump drive belt?
I start it up and it shuts itself down after a minute or so. When the problem first occurred, I could hear pressure being released after shut-down but I can't find evidence of a leak anywhere even though the reservoir level dropped a little. What would cause loss of hyd. pressure other than a ruptured hose? Is there such a thing as a hyd. pressure relief valve? I'm at a loss. Thank you for your input …… much appreciated.

Bswwood

I start it up and it shuts itself down after a minute or so. When the problem first occurred, I could hear pressure being released after shut-down but I can't find evidence of a leak anywhere even though the reservoir level dropped a little. What would cause loss of hyd. pressure other than a ruptured hose? Is there such a thing as a hyd. pressure relief valve? I'm at a loss. Thank you for your input …… much appreciated.
There is a charge relief but can you tell me if you have any hydraulic functions or drive before it shuts down?

OP
OP
J

JoRo

There is a charge relief but can you tell me if you have any hydraulic functions or drive before it shuts down?
Bsswood, I just started it up but when I pressed the green button to engage the functions, nothing happens ……… no function lights at all. Hope this helps and Thanks again for trying to help me.

Bswwood

Bsswood, I just started it up but when I pressed the green button to engage the functions, nothing happens ……… no function lights at all. Hope this helps and Thanks again for trying to help me.
Remove the drive belt cover on the bell housing of the engine next to the battery. I believe you will find your problem there.

OP
OP
J

JoRo

Remove the drive belt cover on the bell housing of the engine next to the battery. I believe you will find your problem there.
Thanks Bswwood! I will certainly check that out. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
J

JoRo

Thanks Bswwood! I will certainly check that out. Much appreciated.
Thank you so very much, Bswwood. You hit the nail right on the head ….. it was a busted belt. I can't "Thank You" enough. You're the Man! Good Luck!