M600 Series Drive Sheave Service, No one will help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Eliminator SS

Here's the deal, I've been a equipment mechanic since I was in high school, but have never serviced one of these older variable speed drive sheaves before. After being asked by a friend to do so, I did, replaced everything included in the service kit. However the service mechanics at the bobcat dealer here did nothing to help me service the drive sheave. I was told to buy the PDF manual for the bobcat, so I did. Only thing is, that manual covers everything EXCEPT the drive sheave service. The problem I'm having with the sheave now after my service is that it still leaks, only now it is leaking past the retaining gland inside the cylinder. I just dont know where to go from here. I reassembled the piston and rotoswivel just exactly as how they came out. But I have this leak that wont go away. Someone please post copies of the drive sheave hydraulic system service if you have them. PLEASE

Tazza

Staff member
I have never worked on one, could it be wear where the seals run at all? Could you install slighty larger O rings (fater) to possibly tighen the seal up?

Smellofdiesel

Have not had that apart, so, not much help. Check the link that Oldmachinist made to his service manuals:

http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=31190

Maybe it has the drive sheave in it?
I have a PDF manual for the M600, 610 and 611 machines. There are about 5 pages devoted to the variable speed drive although the Rotoswivel doesn't get much of a mention. You could do with an exploded view really. As I have mentioned elsewhere, the service manual is very poorly written and is quite vague about technical areas- just the areas that are needed! My PDF manual was scanned by some clown in back & white instead of 'greyscale' so the photo pictures are little more than black blocks. I could do a screen-grab of the relevant pages and post them on here as jpegs (can't see an 'attach' button anywhere- help please), or email them to you if you want, no trouble.

Smellofdiesel

I have a PDF manual for the M600, 610 and 611 machines. There are about 5 pages devoted to the variable speed drive although the Rotoswivel doesn't get much of a mention. You could do with an exploded view really. As I have mentioned elsewhere, the service manual is very poorly written and is quite vague about technical areas- just the areas that are needed! My PDF manual was scanned by some clown in back & white instead of 'greyscale' so the photo pictures are little more than black blocks. I could do a screen-grab of the relevant pages and post them on here as jpegs (can't see an 'attach' button anywhere- help please), or email them to you if you want, no trouble.
Apologies:- there are exploded views of the Rotoswivel in my PDF manual.

Smellofdiesel

Apologies:- there are exploded views of the Rotoswivel in my PDF manual.

There are 3 diagrams like this- is it what you have in your PDF? If not I will post them all and try to get the text also. I will have to put them on Tinypics.com to do this: this one is under the tag 'Rotoswivel' on Tinypics. This is the quality of the image in the manual so I can't get it any better!