Bobcat 763 drive sprocket and bracket help.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

outofsight

Working on a 763 that had a broken front left drive chain. When it broke it broke a tooth off the primary drive sprocket. So I need to remove the drive motor and the assembly that the drive sprocket is mounted to. Any tips would help me greatly. I'm also going to replace all 4 chains since I'm this deep. Also where is a good place to get a new drive sprocket? One other question when I pulled on the suspended axles to check the bearings one tire moved about 1/16" and the other didn't move at all. What's acceptable?

Also the brackets by the brake solenoid are bent and I am not able to find them anywhere. Any ideas. Not sure what they are called. Tried to straighten it and no luck.

Also where is a decent place for a manual?

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 20240302_190900.jpg
    20240302_190900.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240302_185031.jpg
    20240302_185031.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240302_185009.jpg
    20240302_185009.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240302_190900.jpg
    20240302_190900.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 43

mocus250

Check the bolt torque on Axel shafts. I had to purchase a straight ratcheting wrench to get good pull with cheater on sprocket Axel bolt as there is not space to fit a big socket inside case. The sprocket bolts need to be to torque specs (which it a lot) as that tightens up on the cone bearings and races pulling towards each other. I'd be more concerned if there is any up and down play in bearing.

OP
OP
O

outofsight

Check the bolt torque on Axel shafts. I had to purchase a straight ratcheting wrench to get good pull with cheater on sprocket Axel bolt as there is not space to fit a big socket inside case. The sprocket bolts need to be to torque specs (which it a lot) as that tightens up on the cone bearings and races pulling towards each other. I'd be more concerned if there is any up and down play in bearing.
I'll do that. Do you think I could weld up a new tooth on the drive sprocket? It's 1250.00 just for the sprocket. When I added the brake disks and brake guides and the 4 drive chains through bobcat it was 2450.00. Almost choked when I saw the dollar amount. Trying to find another supplier but no luck so far. I was also thinking of ordering 80H chain from Amazon to save some $ but I didn't know if there was anything special with the bobcat drive chain. They also gave me two different Parr numbers which confused me a bit.

oiu789

Not sure but a welding machine shop might be able to machine off the old sprocket and weld on a Weldasprocket on the sprocket hub for way less. Depending on the hub you might be able to get a new hub also and save by not having the old one removed from the old sprocket. You can get them ag supply stores welding shops and alike. I have done this on my combine several times to save money. Also if you have play in the axles the bearings could be going bad. Your in that deep already pull the axle and inspect the bearings and replace the seals. And the bearings if needed. Google WELDASPROCKETS
or weld on sprockets if you want to find them online.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

outofsight

I'll check out the sprockets,need to get the tires removed and see what I have for play. If I replace the drive chain I looked at bobcat and I believe they are a continuous chain with no master link. They are pricey so I looked up 80h chain and can purchase it for half price. Is this a bad idea. The master link always seems to be the weak link. I'm just about to buy oem chain as I don't want to have to tear this thing down again. I also noticed they gave me two different part numbers for the main drive chains. Thought they all would have been the same chain but I guess they could be different lengths?

oiu789

Buy good quality chain and master links not just the cheapest. My combines run a lot of chains on them, the only time I saw a master fail was when debris built up around the chain and stripped the keeper off. You can find masters that use cotter pins instead of clips. The chains running in the chain case and in oil and no debris in there should not fail any more than any other chain link.

Homeap

I'll check out the sprockets,need to get the tires removed and see what I have for play. If I replace the drive chain I looked at bobcat and I believe they are a continuous chain with no master link. They are pricey so I looked up 80h chain and can purchase it for half price. Is this a bad idea. The master link always seems to be the weak link. I'm just about to buy oem chain as I don't want to have to tear this thing down again. I also noticed they gave me two different part numbers for the main drive chains. Thought they all would have been the same chain but I guess they could be different lengths?
There is a skid steer salvage yard in Southern Illinois with many Bobcats that may have the parts you need. His phone number is 618–319-0291 and his name is Rodney Snyder at Snyder Parts. Best of luck.

OP
OP
O

outofsight

There is a skid steer salvage yard in Southern Illinois with many Bobcats that may have the parts you need. His phone number is 618–319-0291 and his name is Rodney Snyder at Snyder Parts. Best of luck.
Thank you that's what I was looking for.

oiu789

Try Googling skid steer parts. When I did it there are many places that sell new and used parts. They cost less than BC

OP
OP
O

outofsight

I found one place that was 10% less that bobcat but almost one month wait time on delivery. Wish I had known to check my main motor for hyd oil leaking into the drive before i had it all apart...live and learn.

OP
OP
O

outofsight

Called Snyder' s he has all the parts I need!!! Thank you for the lead

OP
OP
O

outofsight

Would you guys replace this drive sprocket or run it with the one broke tooth? Thought about doing a tack weld but I'm not sure if they are hardend steel.
I have a new one but I didn't realize it's pressed in and I'd prob have to get new bearings etc and take it some place to get pressed off and back on.

Attachments

• 20240326_192119.jpg
    20240326_192119.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240326_192107.jpg
    20240326_192107.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts