LX665 drive issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

spcon2012

My step dad and I have started our new year project and are off to a fairly rough start. This machine seemed to start slipping on the right side while running forward last year so we parked it until we had time to mess with it. After getting it up off the ground and removing the side cover to inspect the chains, we found everything seemed to be okay. Chains had what seemed to be about a 1/4" of play and the drive sprockets looked fine as well as the park brake disc. When we finally got it started to see what happens when we move the stick, everything looks and sounds fine when it is ran in reverse. When you run the stick forward it starts bogging down as soon as you move it and it takes burying the stick for the wheels to start turning and they turn pretty slow. There is also a grinding sound coming from either the main pump or the motor when the stick is pushed forward. We stopped there until we could get a better idea of what might be going on. I'm a decent mechanic but i'm not very familiar with hydraulics or this machine. Again, it seems the issue is only when moving the RH stick forward. Reverse rolls fine with no noises or bogging down and LH side rolls fine forward and reverse. We appreciate any help we can get!

NHL455

hi - are you able to switch the hoses around then if the issue happens in the opposite direction you know it is pump related and if not then drive related ?

OP
OP
S

spcon2012

hi - are you able to switch the hoses around then if the issue happens in the opposite direction you know it is pump related and if not then drive related ?
Thanks for the response. I wasn't sure which hoses I need to switch around to copy the issue in reverse. I did speak to a local mechanic that deals with machine hydraulics and he said it sounded like a valve issue on the main pump. I've seen the repair manuals online for $40-50 but i was hoping someone could tell me what valve could effect this and where it would be located.

Ivan

Thanks for the response. I wasn't sure which hoses I need to switch around to copy the issue in reverse. I did speak to a local mechanic that deals with machine hydraulics and he said it sounded like a valve issue on the main pump. I've seen the repair manuals online for $40-50 but i was hoping someone could tell me what valve could effect this and where it would be located.
Just something to check. Lookon the side of your hydrostat and there should be a lever on a shaft this is hooked to your control handles. Take a marker and draw a line across it. Now go forward tillit does what you said it was doing do not move the handles and check to see if this mark is still lined up. If you let the handle go back to net the mark wil line up that is why you hold it . It is worh a try before tearing into it and it is free

deaop06

Have you cleaned the screen on the intake side of the gear pump? Should be behind a panel under your right leg. If it is plugged it will cause a loss of fluid into your system. Cheep fix some times.