Wiring issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

NE lowa farmboy

I am having what l think is a wiring issue with my L170. The loader shut down while using and would not restart. I temporarily hotwired the fuel solenoid to get it started, but have

no hydraulic controls- can only move the wheels. I have looked at the harnesses but cannot see any broken wires. As it is now: When l sit in the seat all the indicator lights on the display panel come on, then just seat belt and park stay on. When l turn on the key, all lights go out and ACC show on the display. The fuel pump runs and the starter works but the engine will not start. Any ideas?

Shanmar

Have had similar problem with an L185--they're basically wired the same. I would start with checking the fuses, both in the cab and in the engine bay. Next I would go to the square relays in the engine bay. Maybe swap the like shape ones around. Finally, most of my issues have come down to the blades of the fuses or relays not getting good contact in the sockets--corrosion & vibration. I have wired in replacement sockets for at least one relay and a couple fuses. You might be able to leave the key on run and wiggle things to locate the culprit. I think it will beep when you break or re-establish the connection.