LX 885 Hydraulics locked out

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fig8rcr

I have a lx885 that the hydraulics will not unlock. If I sit in the seat and latch the seatbelt, after about 2-3 seconds the beeper alarm goes off, and the hydraulics are never unlocked. I have checked the seat and the belt switches and that is working fine. This machine has me very pissed off, every time I go to use it it does stuff like this, even more agrivatiing is that I have a ls180 that is mine and works fine, but had to switch machines with my father so I could use his with his tracks to do some dirtwork before the rain came and did not get done because his machine broke. Here is what I have, sitting in the seat seatbelt on I have power in and out of the seatbelt. That would mean that the seat switches and the seatbelt switch are fine correct? If so where in the HECK do I go from here??? Where does the power go after the seatbelt switch and where does it come from to feed the hydraulic lockout solenoids??? I was using the machine and lost control of the boom lift could not raise the boom. Whent into the shop and took of the panel above the valve and found that one of the linkage pins was out. Found the pin put it in with a new keeper put the panel on put the seat down and now this problem. Had my son in the shop with me tonight and i am sure he learned a new vocabulary. Any help is very much needed and wanted. Thanks Jamie

jerry

no is in the run position.
power goes from seat belt to service switch then to eic then to solenoids, flip the service switch a few times maybe a loose terminal there,check fuses up in little panel also.

jerry

power goes from seat belt to service switch then to eic then to solenoids, flip the service switch a few times maybe a loose terminal there,check fuses up in little panel also.
I have seen very few ministers working on skidsteers, must be a reason.

olblue

look at my post titled, 185.B pedals locked, there might be some info that might help you. The lock out solenoids have two wires going to them.If you have the seat belt on and are in the seat, get someone to help you and see if you have power going to the solenoids

OP
OP
F

fig8rcr

look at my post titled, 185.B pedals locked, there might be some info that might help you. The lock out solenoids have two wires going to them.If you have the seat belt on and are in the seat, get someone to help you and see if you have power going to the solenoids
I have flipped the service switch and noting helped, can I bypass that switch and what terminals need to be jumped together never have used it anyway.

olblue

I have flipped the service switch and noting helped, can I bypass that switch and what terminals need to be jumped together never have used it anyway.
I still think you should check to see if you have power going to the solenoids.

shelby

.....I have encountered this lock out situation too....... I checked my seatbelt switch and seat switch, everything seemed to be fine, with the electronic end(I was fit to be tied).......now for what ever the reason, every so often I spray that seatbelt clip with BrakeKlean, and then blow it out with compressed air, and for some reason, it seems to work again.....it will work 100 times or more, than takes a notion to lock out again......repeat the treatment, and away I go again.....I actually contemplated replacing the seatbelt receptacle, just out of sheer frustration, but this procedure seems to do the trick, and we have 5200 hours on the machine now......hope this helps you out, there is nothing more frustrating.......S

jerry

.....I have encountered this lock out situation too....... I checked my seatbelt switch and seat switch, everything seemed to be fine, with the electronic end(I was fit to be tied).......now for what ever the reason, every so often I spray that seatbelt clip with BrakeKlean, and then blow it out with compressed air, and for some reason, it seems to work again.....it will work 100 times or more, than takes a notion to lock out again......repeat the treatment, and away I go again.....I actually contemplated replacing the seatbelt receptacle, just out of sheer frustration, but this procedure seems to do the trick, and we have 5200 hours on the machine now......hope this helps you out, there is nothing more frustrating.......S
you can make a jumper wire, unplug the wire from the female seatbelt end and bypass it with the jumper to determine if it is bad. first though check right at the solenoid for power.