lx 865 turbo shuts down

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

evening guys,
this may be very similar to "stonebuilt" thread but didn't want to hijack his. i am buying a used lx 865 turbo...the owner says he is having difficulty determining why the machine shuts itself down, he says that either an oil pressure sensor or hyd sensor will shut the machine down. he has manually checked the pressures and they are fine. he now thinks it may be a cracked circuit board in the dash panel..is that possible ? any other ideas?
TIA,
steve

Tazza

Staff member
It could be as simple as a bad sender, if the sender is bad it will still have good pressure but it won't know its good and shut down in an effort to prevent damage.

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

It could be as simple as a bad sender, if the sender is bad it will still have good pressure but it won't know its good and shut down in an effort to prevent damage.
thank you...i'm sorry i should have said he did switch the senders out although i think he said at first the oil sender he installed wasn't compatable? and had to get a NH sender? still has the problem

mllud

thank you...i'm sorry i should have said he did switch the senders out although i think he said at first the oil sender he installed wasn't compatable? and had to get a NH sender? still has the problem
Steve.
The engine oil pressure and {hydraulic charge pressure } are the two things that will shut it down after 30 seconds. The charge pressure is on the end of a small diameter hydraulic hose. The sender mounts on the end of the hose. Its located under the engine fuse box, hanging on a clamp.You could check the sender like Ken said in the other post. With air pressure and a regulator. To verify good charge pressure you could mount a gauge in place of the sender.
I guess you have made sure its not engine oil pressure.
I would remove the sender and put a pressure gauge in its place. that would verify pressure.It should be between 250 and 300psi. If its good its either the sender or could be the elctrical panel. Does the light flash like its suppose to. with a solid beep ?That curcit board is about $700
That type of sender is basically a pressure switch.I dont know if its a normally open or normally closed curcit.If you put the sender wires together and it ran beyond the 30 seconds then you would know that the problem is either the sender or the pressure. try it with the wires appart if putting them together doesnt work.
I havent had to work on my pumps or check charge pressure. I do have the repair manual on that section if you need more , I can send you photocopys of that section. Mike

mllud

Steve.
The engine oil pressure and {hydraulic charge pressure } are the two things that will shut it down after 30 seconds. The charge pressure is on the end of a small diameter hydraulic hose. The sender mounts on the end of the hose. Its located under the engine fuse box, hanging on a clamp.You could check the sender like Ken said in the other post. With air pressure and a regulator. To verify good charge pressure you could mount a gauge in place of the sender.
I guess you have made sure its not engine oil pressure.
I would remove the sender and put a pressure gauge in its place. that would verify pressure.It should be between 250 and 300psi. If its good its either the sender or could be the elctrical panel. Does the light flash like its suppose to. with a solid beep ?That curcit board is about $700
That type of sender is basically a pressure switch.I dont know if its a normally open or normally closed curcit.If you put the sender wires together and it ran beyond the 30 seconds then you would know that the problem is either the sender or the pressure. try it with the wires appart if putting them together doesnt work.
I havent had to work on my pumps or check charge pressure. I do have the repair manual on that section if you need more , I can send you photocopys of that section. Mike
Steve I see he pressures are ok. I need to read posts twice when its past bedtime. I hope the other info. helps.