Ls 180 shutting down?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Shanmar

Another thing to check is to disassemble the fuel filter housing. Had one that had fiber particles inside the housing blocking fuel before the filter.

Shanmar

Air intake looks good? Nothing like someone put on a will fit hose and it collapses once it gets warm??? Sounds like fuel or air. Electrical issues on these rarely sputter or slow down. Usually just shut down.

OP
OP

1austin112

Intake looks fine. Ended up renting a skid to finish the work this weekend and will be tearing apart the new holland this week starting with the fuel system and cleaning everything then going from there

OP
OP

1austin112

Made progress and could use help, fuel pump assembly issue. Completely clogged internally. Ordered a whole setup ( filter housing and pump ) however the old housing on port 3 ( back right ) has a pressed in threaded bolt where a black wire goes to from the fuel pump harness. The new pump does not. I assume this was a grounding stud? I've tried running that wire to multiple grounds and it blows the fuse instantly. Hook up the old pump and attach wire to threaded stud and doesn't blow. Does anyone know what that stud is actually for and or how to bypass it??

Shanmar

I think that is a ground stud, but then you shouldn't have voltage on it that would blow fuses. Maybe there's a short in the harness. What happens if you just tape it off?

OP
OP

1austin112

I think that is a ground stud, but then you shouldn't have voltage on it that would blow fuses. Maybe there's a short in the harness. What happens if you just tape it off?
That's what I thought. If it's not hooked up, pump has no power. If I ground it to anything ( body, chassis, even pump bolt ) blows the fuse instantly

OP
OP

1austin112

could be positve check with a probe
Started raining and snowing hard so I called it for the day to go plow. If it's not hooked up, pump has no power. If I ground it to anything ( body, chassis, even pump bolt ) blows the fuse instantly. Something funny's going on, considered just running a separate relay and toggle switch to the pump bypassing the skid harness wiring and calling it a day

foton

you say that the pumps are some what different are you sure that it is the correct pump ? If so the only thing I can think of is a bad or factory miswired motor ( like polarity reversed) or harness is in a reversed condition.

OP
OP

1austin112

you say that the pumps are some what different are you sure that it is the correct pump ? If so the only thing I can think of is a bad or factory miswired motor ( like polarity reversed) or harness is in a reversed condition.
Aftermarket pump not oem but everything looks near the same. I kinda thought about it being miswired. Need to try and disassemble the pump wiring and see what the deal is