LS 180 2004 starter wires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hwilli

Somebody else removed the starter and I have a new starter installed. Not sure what wires go where. I have 2 red wires I assume go to the top lug on the soleniod . But. I also have 2 black wire one being thicker than the other. I have the yellow and black with a spade connection that I believe is the switch wire. My question is where do the two black wires go? My search give me different answers. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Hwilli

foton

well as a guess black wires at a starter usally indicate a ground, are the holes large enough to go on the starter mounting bolts?

OP
OP
H

hwilli

well as a guess black wires at a starter usally indicate a ground, are the holes large enough to go on the starter mounting bolts?
yes they were ground lines and did go to mounting bolts. I went to dealer and looked at another ls180. Work great now.
New problem is after it started I have strong spray of fuel coming from behind fuel pump when key on. I assume there is a gasket behind the mounting bolts for the pump. Still looking for that info. Going to remove pump today and see just what is wrong. Always something.
Thanks for the reply

haymaker

Follow up posts giving a solution or findings are always appreciated by everyone.
Thanks